Looks good! I was thinking about putting mine there, but my box is a bit more forward than yours. I would have to have some crazy skinny tractor batteries or something. <_<

Does look really good though. Nice use of that space seeing as it isn't really good for much now (mine's the same way). Can't hurt with the weight distribution either what with the weight of the batteries in front of the axle.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Looks good! I was thinking about putting mine there, but my box is a bit more forward than yours. I would have to have some crazy skinny tractor batteries or something. <_<

Does look really good though. Nice use of that space seeing as it isn't really good for much now (mine's the same way). Can't hurt with the weight distribution either what with the weight of the batteries in front of the axle.

Thanks dude, When I was planning stuff out that was just what I was thinking, put the batteries in front of the rear axle to distribute the weight hopefully :)

Amps are going to be in that space too, you'll see soon enough :D

I've got a new Fluke DMM on the way so maybe once it gets here I'll make some box rise graphs? Those have always interested me and maybe y'all will be interested in em too :)

EDIT: What are these crazy shiny tractor batteries you speak of? I like the sound of them B)

Ooohhh a real world study of impedance rise. That would be nice. I have been curious myself, but have been too lazy- plus, I don't plan on changing anything now. LOL.

Tractor batteries / Industrial Batteries. Man- they make them in all kinds of different sizes. Sometimes NAPA or Autozone carry them. Problem is they are your old school type batteries, most of them deep cycle. Good for cars with hydraulics or playing the system for a while, but don't discharge very quickly.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/accessories/accProductDetails.jsp?displayName=Battery-IndustrialandCommercial&itemId=1195-10&navValue=101195&parentId=2032-10&productId=177866&fromString=&itemIdentifier=177866_0_0_&filterByKeyWord=&categoryNValue=&store=49&skuDisplayName=12Volts,450CAtractorbattery&categoryDisplayName=&_requestid=935815

(longest link ever ^)

Length: 19.3125 in.

Width: 4.375 in.

Height: 8.875 in.

CCA: 400 (dismal)

Reserve: 90 (pretty sucky too!)

but hey, it can fit in the narrowest of places! LOL.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Ooohhh a real world study of impedance rise. That would be nice. I have been curious myself, but have been too lazy- plus, I don't plan on changing anything now. LOL.

Tractor batteries / Industrial Batteries. Man- they make them in all kinds of different sizes. Sometimes NAPA or Autozone carry them. Problem is they are your old school type batteries, most of them deep cycle. Good for cars with hydraulics or playing the system for a while, but don't discharge very quickly.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/accessories/accProductDetails.jsp?displayName=Battery-IndustrialandCommercial&itemId=1195-10&navValue=101195&parentId=2032-10&productId=177866&fromString=&itemIdentifier=177866_0_0_&filterByKeyWord=&categoryNValue=&store=49&skuDisplayName=12Volts,450CAtractorbattery&categoryDisplayName=&_requestid=935815

(longest link ever ^)

Length: 19.3125 in.

Width: 4.375 in.

Height: 8.875 in.

CCA: 400 (dismal)

Reserve: 90 (pretty sucky too!)

but hey, it can fit in the narrowest of places! LOL.

You made me lol, those look pretty sweet and sucky at the same time :P How the hell would you put that somewhere on a tractor, it has such awkward dimensions.

BUT THEY AREN'T SHINY!!! :(

Yeah, how i got the idea was, I read this really great informative write up over at SSA about impedance rise and I've been thinking that I wanna try it out and make some real world graphs or my enclosure, and maybe play around with box placement too? (supposedly that can help with rise) Although I really can only move it toward and away from the back doors I'll do my best :)

Archived