Sonic Electronix

i was wondering if a bxi 2610 powers perfectly two 15 l7.

maxxsonics says the 2610 will put out 1700 watt rms @ 12 volt.

one 15 l7 in a ported box has 750 watt rms power handling so its even a little overpowering the subs.

any opinions?

Actually what it says is 1700 watts rms @ 2-ohms, not 12 volts. If you put a hifonics amplifier at 12 volts, not only is your voltage low, your amplifer will never make rated power. As long as you are smart about the gains, send the amplifer clean signal at all times, put them in a quality box built to specs, you should be fine.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I think you will be fine the 15" L7's are rated at 1000rms a piece, so you wont be overpowering em by that much.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I think you will be fine the 15" L7's are rated at 1000rms a piece, so you wont be overpowering em by that much.

In that case, just buy them with the right voice-coil configuration to achieve a 1-ohm load and again, be smart with your setting. To the OP: You said 750rms in the first post therefore i assumed 750 and not 1000, if that is the case (1000rms), you wouldn't be giving them full power out of an amplifier that is perfectly capable of doing so putting them at 2-ohms as opposed to 1. :/

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Actually what it says is 1700 watts rms @ 2-ohms, not 12 volts. If you put a hifonics amplifier at 12 volts, not only is your voltage low, your amplifer will never make rated power. As long as you are smart about the gains, send the amplifer clean signal at all times, put them in a quality box built to specs, you should be fine.

i contacted maxxsonics and i was told the bxi 2610 will put out 1700 watt rms @ 1 ohm @ 12 volt.

the manual says ported l7 handles 750 watt rms, sealed 1000 watt rms.

my 15 L7 build

my youtube channel with lots of L7 videos

Just buy D4s and wire them to a 1ohm final load. I've seen them daily take around 1500w without issues as long as the gains are set accordingly and it's in the right enclosure.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace