Sonic Electronix

SEE MY RE AUDIO MX's Catch on fire

edit: Steve makes a good point about checking for clipping before your amp, but I still think you can set your gains mathematically with a DMM and Ohm's law...

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

I wouldn't expect them to warranty it tbh. And to cause that kinda of damage to it, I suspect your amp has gone bad again. You really need to scope the output, I bet it has massive DC voltage offset.

And just for the record... I have 4 amps on my bench right now that switch on without the remote wire being in ;) Just takes 1 crappy little diode or transistor to go bad and they do that :)

Thanks for the advice bro ,as soon as I get my oscope in I will check da amp out for clipping same with the head unit, Here is my current setup tell me if there is anything wrong with it,---

I got an Iraggi Alternator up in front (3ooAmp) goes to batterey Kinetik HC 1800 (Running 1/0 Gauge Streetwires ) Goes to SHT301 (Stinger Terminal With Volt Meter) Then it goes to a T Distirubution block (UNfused) From the HC1800 to a 130 Amp Circuit breaker (Factory Fusebox),then it goes to the rear where we have Kinetik HC3800 I have another Stinge T Block Wich goes from the 3800 to a JL 450/4V2 then to the T4000.1, My perivous installer did not install any fuses for some reason ? I belive there is 300 amp circuit breaker somewhere between the batterey and T block - Correct me if any thing is wrong - Any advice will help :)

edit: Steve makes a good point about checking for clipping before your amp, but I still think you can set your gains mathematically with a DMM and Ohm's law...

Since im new to installs I bought my self an oscope I dont want to take another chance, Im giving my Car to Innovative Motoring (wich is the best shop in Valley ) These guys are the best around here :)

Thank's Steve i did order my O scope yesterday after I spoke with larry (At least I think that was his name ) From the tech department @ US Amps Also known as USAMPFREAK on youtube ,he gave me some advice and I am going to take some classes, My Friend from Innovative Motoring is going to redo my whole car , and yes Techronics.com & Audioclubonline.com Is my site, if yiu ever need anything do let me know I will give it to you @ my cost :)

His name is Greg, not Larry.

His name is Greg, not Larry.

There you go , that guy really knows what he's doing very nice guy i wonder where he works @ we buy from USAmps but the tech support phone number is 626 same area code as friends wich only one city over wonder if hes from passadean /Arcadia area?

uggh.

You have more than 1 mx15?

sounds like you have some pretty nice gear in there.

Im suprised RE sells to such a internet whore like your site.

They will never warranty that sub for you.

It will cost you about 275.00 to recone it though.

Im riding this FAILBOAT till it crashes.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

uggh.

You have more than 1 mx15?

sounds like you have some pretty nice gear in there.

Im suprised RE sells to such a internet whore like your site.

They will never warranty that sub for you.

It will cost you about 275.00 to recone it though.

Im riding this FAILBOAT till it crashes.

Its all good i already got credit for it :)

Archived