Sonic Electronix

SEE MY RE AUDIO MX's Catch on fire

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is sum pics and a vid of my subs getin F*** up i had to put down da cam for a sec and grab da hose ,so anyways here

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

PSI reconin time

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

wow. you fail at powering woofers

So heres the story,

I had these subs for about 3 months now , I have it hooked up with a Fosgate T4000.1BD i was on my way to my friends house and i started bumpin on the freeway not all the way but @ resonable volume then as im driving i smell like something is burning so i pull over to the shoulder , i smell it but i dont see it so i just pulled the remote off and taped it, I honestly taguht it was the burning cuz it went to warranty 3 times in the past year, any ways by the time i got to my friends @ the exit at least the car just filled with smoke , i couldnt breath and we rushed to take evry thing off the box da amp & compresior the speaker just caguht on flames Literally so we just hosed it down , so we got all the shit off the box and took it out there was a shit ton of water in it so its prettey much trash , So after doing my resarch found out my amp was clipping these past 2 days but i had no idea till my friend pointed it out to me, OUCH ,-Sorry for da bad spelling im just really tired :)

wow. you fail at powering woofers

No i failed cuz i did not have the proper tools to adjust my amp , such as oscilloscope , but no worries we learn from our mistakes, its all good cuz its covered in da warranty lol , so i only lost my box wich i was going redo so it gave me a head start , Its ok it lasted for 3 months :)

Archived