Sundown Audio

Old School RF amps

imupabove

im looking at a couple of old Rockford 1000bd's online, im just wondering if these put out good clean wattage/underrated wattage? im looking at some of the 1000bd's some are black and red and some are gray and black, but they have the same wattage ratings( 500rms@4ohms/1000rms@2ohms). i just want to know if they put out the real power. thanks.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

yes I believe they do. pretty solid amps. keep the voltage up and they should be happy!!!!

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

Dude if you are looking at any of the RF BD amps, then its worth it. trust me.

I'm a child of RF and Kickers Class D,BD amplifiers. I was an installer when their class D,BD amps came out in 2000 and with Kicker being my favorite company in the world I would have still taken RF's BD amps in a hart beat.

The BD1000 came out with 3 looks from 2000 to 2003 and the average birth sheet was around 1150 watts.

The 4 names were;

2000 - Black grind BD1000a

2001 - dark grey with red emblem. BD1000.1

2002 - same as 2001 - 1000.1BD

2003 - very light grey with blue center emblem. 1001BD

They are still BAD ASS amps today and worth owning.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Dude if you are looking at any of the RF BD amps, then its worth it. trust me.

I'm a child of RF and Kickers Class D,BD amplifiers. I was an installer when their class D,BD amps came out in 2000 and with Kicker being my favorite company in the world I would have still taken RF's BD amps in a hart beat.

The BD1000 came out with 3 looks from 2000 to 2003 and the average birth sheet was around 1150 watts.

The 4 names were;

2000 - Black grind BD1000a

2001 - dark grey with red emblem. BD1000.1

2002 - same as 2001 - 1000.1BD

2003 - very light grey with blue center emblem. 1001BD

They are still BAD ASS amps today and worth owning.

right on right on! some of those old BD's dont have bass boost adjust right?

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

They have a bass boost at 45 hertz but there is NO built in control on the amp its self.

You have to have the Remote Punch Bass knob and it connects into the phone jack on the amp.

You can order them strait from RF but they look different than the stock one that came with it.

If you want to run more than one BD1000 you have to buy a special part so you can run 1 Punch Bass knob to control multiple amps. (RF's Dumbest fuck up) as they say a phone jack splitter won't work.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

How much are they wanting for the BD1000's you are looking at.

They have held their value so has the BD1500/1501BD. Thats what I run.

Terryswork001.png

How much are they wanting for the BD1000's you are looking at.

They have held their value so has the BD1500/1501BD. Thats what I run.

have no bass boost adjust isnt no biggie is it? im looking at some on ebay but people are out bidding me all crazy, these things are $$$ lol.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

Ya man, 10 years old and can still sell for $250 easy and they don't even have to be mint. The 1500's go for $350 normal to $450 mint.

Actually the bass boost is kind of a big deal on those amps. Theres something funny about those amps.

I've known 3 or 4 people including my self that have hooked one up without the bass boost and thought the amp was a fucking joke. Then when we got a Punch Bass hooked up the amps turned into a whole nother amplifier. They got mean as hell, they came alive.

They are around $25 or $29 brand new from RF or find them on Ebay or one of us forum members might have a spare.

Tip for you. If you find something you like real well on Ebay, never bid until the last minute to keep the price down but things will go quick in the last 30 seconds (bidding) so learn timing.

Terryswork001.png

You are late, E-bay ampbids go up till the weather get warm.

LOL isn't this the weather to be buying a new amp so it can be installed rite before summer. ROFL :)

Terryswork001.png

Archived