Sundown Audio

What the crap!

psx2p

So i followed this set of instructions after thinking i was doing something wrong and still no luck in measuring the Voltage from my amp to the subs. i am trying to figure out how many Watts im pushing to the woofers. i know what people thought it would be but i want some numbers to back it up, when i connect the - and + leads upto the terminals and play the 40hz track i get the same readout as i do when playing normal music which is .012 to check if the meter was functioning i flipped it over to DC and checked the power input and sure enough it was registering perfectly, what am i doing wrong?

Another thing, due to the VERY shity manual of this craptastic Performance teknique amp is there anyway to tell if its actually at 2ohm when im only running 2CHs from it? i know my subs are wired @ 4ohm but i dont think the amp is at 2ohms because theirs never a heat issue.. i could be wrong, below are ALL the details provided for this amp

ICBM-891

4 Channel Bridgeable Power Amplifier

* 24dB Crossover

* Variable Low Pass Filter (30Hz~500Hz)

* Variable High Pass Filter (50Hz~1KHz)

* Variable Bass Boost (0 ~ 18dB)

* Variable Subsonic Filter (10Hz~100Hz)

* Wired Bass Remote Control

* RCA Line Output

* Double Sided PCB

* High/Low Level Input

* Two Way Protection

* Tri-Mode Speaker Connection Stable

* 2 Ohm Stable Stereo

* Soft Delayed Power On

* 0.05% THD

800W max

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

So i followed this set of instructions after thinking i was doing something wrong and still no luck in measuring the Voltage from my amp to the subs. i am trying to figure out how many Watts im pushing to the woofers. i know what people thought it would be but i want some numbers to back it up, when i connect the - and + leads upto the terminals and play the 40hz track i get the same readout as i do when playing normal music which is .012 to check if the meter was functioning i flipped it over to DC and checked the power input and sure enough it was registering perfectly, what am i doing wrong?

Another thing, due to the VERY shity manual of this craptastic Performance teknique amp is there anyway to tell if its actually at 2ohm when im only running 2CHs from it? i know my subs are wired @ 4ohm but i dont think the amp is at 2ohms because theirs never a heat issue.. i could be wrong, below are ALL the details provided for this amp

Read up on this right here, Amp Output. Your meter should be on AC voltage. What kind of meter do you have? Is the hold button on, or off?

12" DC LVL 4

Sundown 1200D

PG RSDs

PPI PC2100

Alpine 9886

Read up on this right here, Amp Output. Your meter should be on AC voltage. What kind of meter do you have? Is the hold button on, or off?

His meter type doesnt mean shit if he isnt using an amp clamp to measure the a/c amperage along with the voltage..

voltage x amperage= wattage remember?

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Archived