XS Power

what to look for in a battery charger for my d3400

my truck sat for a long time then i spent around a week working on it with the doors and hatch open forgot to disconnect the battery so the interior lights were on a lot :sad: So now when i drive it idle volts are around 12.1v and i have to have high rpms to get 14v. i have big3 and 0 gauge running to my amps 1200w and 360w rms. i want to charge my battery but never had to do this on my xs batt so i dont knoe how to do or what to look for in a charger. Also i hear a little noise now could it just be my alt has gone bad?

my truck sat for a long time then i spent around a week working on it with the doors and hatch open forgot to disconnect the battery so the interior lights were on a lot :sad: So now when i drive it idle volts are around 12.1v and i have to have high rpms to get 14v. i have big3 and 0 gauge running to my amps 1200w and 360w rms. i want to charge my battery but never had to do this on my xs batt so i dont knoe how to do or what to look for in a charger. Also i hear a little noise now could it just be my alt has gone bad?

To charge our batteries you need to look for a AGM battery charger, and you really need about 15amps of charging amperage. The charger should never charge above 14.9V, and most AGM chargers will stay below the 14.9 mark. Most of the trickle chargers are not big enough to keep the batteries fully charged because they charge at low of an amperage.

With your situation is does sound like you are having some alternator issues. It sounds like you are not getting a charge at idle from the alternator, and if the battery isn't fully charged that would explain your voltage being so low.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

To charge our batteries you need to look for a AGM battery charger, and you really need about 15amps of charging amperage. The charger should never charge above 14.9V, and most AGM chargers will stay below the 14.9 mark. Most of the trickle chargers are not big enough to keep the batteries fully charged because they charge at low of an amperage.

With your situation is does sound like you are having some alternator issues. It sounds like you are not getting a charge at idle from the alternator, and if the battery isn't fully charged that would explain your voltage being so low.

Thanx for the help.Going to order h/o alt tommorow and get the charger tonight and let batt get a full charge,put it all back together and I should be good.

So, a regular charger won't charge a XS Power battery right?

I've always wondered this, and this would be helpful info to know since I'll be buying a XS power battery soon.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Depends on what you consider a regular charger really. The old battery chargers (flooded batteries) charge at to high of a voltage, so they can not be used with our batteries. Most of the battery chargers sold today are actually AGM chargers and will work with our batteries. The key is that it doesn't charge over 14.9 volts and charges at a high enough amperage to fully charge the battery. Optimal amperage would be 15amps.

Most of the battery tenders charge at only a 2amp or 5 amp rate, which would take a month to actually get a charge on the battery and would probably never fully charge the battery.

On a side note I have a few referb chargers that are on special price for the 1004 (16V only) and 1005 (12 and 16V). Send me an email if you are interested on purchasing one of these chargers.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

I have a few 1005s and 1004s that are referbs that I can get you CHEAP!!

How much for the 1005?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/