Second Skin Audio

p3 d212 subs surrounds ripping?

maniac74

i noticed my 1 year old fosgate subs are starting to form a crack or tear in the foam surround's on both woofers they do still work but of course they only carry a 1 year warrenty and i purchased these march 6th of 09 and now i have this problem, the crack or tearing is all the way around the surround is there a way to save these subs? i'm running a t5002 amp and pushing less than 1000 for both subs and mind you not slamming the hell out of them every day either. any help would be welcomed i can tke pics of the damage. i'll post those here in a few.

upwards003.jpg

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

i noticed my 1 year old fosgate subs are starting to form a crack or tear in the foam surround's on both woofers they do still work but of course they only carry a 1 year warrenty and i purchased these march 6th of 09 and now i have this problem, the crack or tearing is all the way around the surround is there a way to save these subs? i'm running a t5002 amp and pushing less than 1000 for both subs and mind you not slamming the hell out of them every day either. any help would be welcomed i can tke pics of the damage. i'll post those here in a few.

upwards003.jpg

Are they in the direct sun, have mine on a t1000.

Are they in the direct sun, have mine on a t1000.

no they are back facing in my suburban with 2% tinted windows, i seen your setup that shit is nice great job on the box. i thought about using rtv silicone on the surrounds to strengthen them but dunno if that will work.

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz