Sonic Electronix

search.

i did all i got was alternator alternator alternator. need something else for now

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Turn it down

never an option

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

He's not gonna know that.

Just do the big 3 in 1\0 gauge. or if you're really really strapped for cash, just upgrade the ground from frame - battery.

What year, make, and model of car?

who the fuck are you? just over 100 amps.....

i have a 03 stratus btw

i have a 03 stratus btw

No need to get an attitude bro, we're all here for the same reason.

Just upgrade your Big 3 first, if that doesn't help, add a small/decent sized second battery. And that should cure the lights dimming, if not, save up for the ol H/O alt.

Edited by kl0wn

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

ya do the big 3 and add an hc800 or comparable 2nd battery. should be fine after that. your prolly gonna need it eventually any ways

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

i have a 03 stratus btw

if u want help here i think u should take the stick out of ur butt and chill

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

lol, i got a stock 70 amp alt with big 3 in 0guage, 0guage to back with second battery and a big front battery and my lights still dim a lil

and im only runnin 1000w amp lol

i guess my amp does more than 1000w then

i got hids due to headlight dimming, now alls left is my dash lights n what knot

i guess when i ever get to upgrade or my stock alt takes a shit im gunna get a big alt

ive had hella light dimming and when i added a cap to it it stopped but how much caps are now a days its cheaper to get a secondary battery

hope this helps

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

overloading your alternator will lead to bigger costs in the long run (such as a burnt out alternator). The big 3 is a must. Also, make sure you have the right size power wires running from your existing battery to your amp. Upgrading the size of that wire will be of benefit as well.

Here's a quick analogy: you can't stuff 10lbs of shit into a 5lb bag. There are basically two things happening here. First thing is, your electrical system can't handle the demand. Second thing is (and I'm just assuming here, forgive me if I'm wrong about your setup) you're probably running 8 gauge power wire. The bigger the wire, the easier the flow (and higher the flow) during high demand. Even if you're running a stock battery/alternator I would still opt to run 1/0 from your battery to your amp (probably to a 1/0 distro block that accepts 4/8 guage out. That alone will offer an improvement.

Here's what bugs me about the "add a second battery" suggestions. You can add a second battery, but again, your alternator will have to work harder to keep both batteries charged. In the end, you're not benefiting much by adding a second battery if all you have is a 70amp alternator. Don't get me wrong, the benefit is there, but in my opinion it's not worth it. Now, if you had a 150amp or higher alternator, throw two extra batteries in that bitch.

And to address your headlight solution because of dimming, I'd be careful with that. Especially if you're running cheap ballasts.

I'm by no means an expert, but I've been through your position many times.

*your mom* <- your mom is my signature! daaaaaaang!

No need to get an attitude bro, we're all here for the same reason.

Just upgrade your Big 3 first, if that doesn't help, add a small/decent sized second battery. And that should cure the lights dimming, if not, save up for the ol H/O alt.

oh no attitude i just think its interesting that guy must know an alternate dimension where he can read my mind and knows what i do and dont know about my own set up