Sonic Electronix

ok so yesterday i noticed that when i play my system loud, it causes my car to slow down, especially on every hit.

its like theres a rope hooked up to the back of my car, and every time i play my system loud something tries pulling my car backwards. it doesnt actually go backwards, when driving it feels like the car is being "paused" for a second.

also ive noticed my lights dimming more than usual.

my music was getting quieter after playing it loud for a few seconds but its stopped. and as soon as that stopped, this started. and ill add that before yesterday (or maybe a day or two back) it did do the pause thing, but now its just worse.

i have an aftermarket batter but thats it.

stock alternator

no big 3, etc

ive been told to get a cap but i think that ive read on here where some people have said getting a cap is worse for you.

im also due/past due (idk didnt tell me when i bought the car) for an oil change. i dont see how that could relate to it but maybe if im due for a change it could start acting that way?

im not looking to buy anything new right now, im just trying to figure out the problem

any ideas? thanks

edit: oh and it sounds like my rpms are atleast 1k higher than what its displaying. when im at 2k it makes the sound as if im at 3k and wont accelerate as fast as it should be.

Edited by deeemc

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

get out the DMM...

Peep my tunes...

'99 Audi A4 Q 1.8t

Knu 1/0 Big 3

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 HU

US Amps Merlin MD2D 2ohm @ 1000w RMS

1x RE SX10D4 in custom ported 1" MDF box 1.25cf @ 34hz

4x Audiobahn 90w RMS 4" 2-ways

2x Kenwood Excelon 110w RMS 6x9 3-ways

2x Stock Bose high door tweets

Sounds like your alternator is dying

should i get a cap?

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

NOOO soundsl ike your alt is dying as stated before to check it when your car is runnin take off one of the battery terminals and if your car dies then its your alt thats bad

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

NOOO soundsl ike your alt is dying as stated before to check it when your car is runnin take off one of the battery terminals and if your car dies then its your alt thats bad

whats wrong with getting a cap? it will save my alt right??

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.

get a batt over a cap it helps ALOT more.. unless you have 0 voltage loss really.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Guest Scylloga

NO NO NO NO NO dont do this. Take the car to a mechanic or parts store and have them test the alternator. Depending on how old the car is you could and prolly will mess the computer up by doing this.

BAD ADVICE IS BAD!!

whats wrong with getting a cap? it will save my alt right??

Nothing is wrong but save your money and FIX the problem not patch it temporarly.

Why waste money on a cap when its not going to stop the alt from dying.

Get it tested and if needs to be replaced do that THEN consider getting a cap later.

NO NO NO NO NO dont do this. Take the car to a mechanic or parts store and have them test the alternator. Depending on how old the car is you could and prolly will mess the computer up by doing this.

BAD ADVICE IS BAD!!

Nothing is wrong but save your money and FIX the problem not patch it temporarly.

Why waste money on a cap when its not going to stop the alt from dying.

Get it tested and if needs to be replaced do that THEN consider getting a cap later.

well im not really in a place to spend money and i was told i can get a cap for 40 dollars and it would work..

when im driving the rpms will move and my speed will move with every hit, barely

the car is a 1993 nissan altima and has an aftermarket optima battery

Edited by deeemc

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.