Sundown Audio

Noob Mistake What Should I Do

Amalan

so i swapped an amp out in my car cause i wanted to test run a system i did for my friend but my head wasnt right and i forgot to disconnect the ground from the battery and i just plugged in the positive and negative wires into the amp and it didnt kick on. it took me a while to realize what i did but i looked at the fuses and they look alright to me the look seems intact unless im looking at the fuse wrong. i cant figure out why it wont kick on now. ugh id hate to have fucked this amp up cause i got it for a killer deal for this guy. its a sony xm-2200gtx if that helps so what can i do to make this thing work?

Did you see any sparks when you connected the wires & did any of them touch the outside of the amp?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

yea make sure u got a remote wire thats good and put some new fuses in they are probably toast even though they dont look like it

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Is the remote wire hooked up too? Thats the only thing you didnt say you put in the amp.

yep i hooked that up

Did you see any sparks when you connected the wires & did any of them touch the outside of the amp?

nope, cause that probably would have been a good indicator that my ground wasnt disconnected. there were absolutely no sparks. when i went to put my amp back on it sparked thats when i realized i had the ground on.

ill go out and buy some new fuses and see if that would do the trick but im not sure.

The amp would still come on but there would be no sound. Yeh the fuse might have blown on you, also you can open it up if you want to, see if anything is burnt.

thats what i was thinking even if the fuses are gone shouldnt it spark?

Yeh if you touch the positive to anything grounded like the chassis of the amp, a seat belt bolt in the car, whatever it will spark, i cant really think of anything except fuses. if worst comes to worst pull the cover off, only thing that sucks is that sometimes stuff goes bad and you cant see it, it has to be tested to see if its bad if ya know what i mean.

xa-1.gif