Yeah. He's not really a reliable source when it comes to car audio. I thought on their site it said if you over power them the warrenty was voided? I could be wrong, haven't been on their site in ages. But one of the examples he tried giving me was if you stabbed it with a screwdriver they'd seen you a new one. Made me lol.

Yeah their site may have said that, which would also void his statement.

I'm pretty sure no speaker company would accept that reason and refund you!

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Yeah. He's not really a reliable source when it comes to car audio. I thought on their site it said if you over power them the warrenty was voided? I could be wrong, haven't been on their site in ages. But one of the examples he tried giving me was if you stabbed it with a screwdriver they'd seen you a new one. Made me lol.

if im not mistaken its at like 1500 rms it voids the warrenty. cause 1000 is optimal i think

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

im not going to lie, i was at tex mex this past weekend and there was a tahoe with 4 w7's in it with about 4 jl/1000's or whatever and only 2 were playing and i was in no way impressed with how they sounded. they werent loud and they had no significant sq, the enclosure was fiberglassed and sealed.

(2) 12" Xcon's/ 18" btl/saz3000d /pioneer deh-p5100ub/RF T1652-s/sax 125.2

i wouldnt mind having a w3 or something small like that for temporary bump, but im not paying 500 bucks for a sub that wont be as loud or clean sounding as a $200 sub. i'll admit, they do make good stuff, its just pricey. and if you know what your doing and throw the right amount of power to them, they can sound pretty good (dont bash me for this lol)

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

im not going to lie, i was at tex mex this past weekend and there was a tahoe with 4 w7's in it with about 4 jl/1000's or whatever and only 2 were playing and i was in no way impressed with how they sounded. they werent loud and they had no significant sq, the enclosure was fiberglassed and sealed.

I guess the guy just sucks balls at building enclosures! lol.

If only 2 were going, then wouldn't that be the problem? unless it was passive radiators.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

i wouldnt mind having a w3 or something small like that for temporary bump, but im not paying 500 bucks for a sub that wont be as loud or clean sounding as a $200 sub. i'll admit, they do make good stuff, its just pricey. and if you know what your doing and throw the right amount of power to them, they can sound pretty good (dont bash me for this lol)

Nah it's all good, like you say, they are decent products. Just way overpriced.

"calvinblinkee Too much ganja? XXX is SQ. W7 is like SQL." Fail?

this ^

He must be on some strong drugs! :rofl:

edit: he's smoking even more now:

Reply to your comment on: JL Audio W7

XXX has a bl curve which makes it smooth = SQ.

Well actually both sub woofers are SQL

Edited by bassl0va

I guess the guy just sucks balls at building enclosures! lol.

If only 2 were going, then wouldn't that be the problem? unless it was passive radiators.

im pretty sure the owner of the vehicle just took it to a shop and had all the work done. this was indeed a show car, so it was probably just a enclosure that looked nice to go with the vehicle. but still with all the hype i hear form all the jl leg humpers, i have still yet to hear a jl sub that sounds good and loud.

(2) 12" Xcon's/ 18" btl/saz3000d /pioneer deh-p5100ub/RF T1652-s/sax 125.2