http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=1JvNTBfiwM8

^ check out the first couple of comments, between me and a JL worshiper. No offense to JL their stuff is good and sounds nice, but its overpriced. I'll have to give him some more lessons on his subwoofers. lol.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Link doesn't go to a video. :(. Unless it's just my iPod being a fag.

not meant to go to the video, just the comment list, thats where the fun is!

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

tl;dr

AZombiesMinge GO JL AUDIO, F**K you haters who can't afford one. I went with an RE XXX because everyone says the speaker is underrated and with the same power to it(2x JL 1000/1) the W7 outperformed to RE in volume and quality 3 weeks ago

bassl0va in no way would a JL W7 beat a RE XXX.

and also JL doesn't suck like people say, its just not worth the price it costs. 3 weeks ago

AZombiesMinge Maybe if the RE XXX ad more power it would have been able to outperform th W7. Not everyone can wants to run 15,000 watts in their car. I think JL W7 is more than worth the cost. 3 weeks ago

bassl0va yeah, it's mainly power and box design so either could win. A JL W7 would easy beat a RE XXX at SQ cause a XXX is SPL and W7 is SQ. But it all depends on the box and the power. I only say that they are over priced because a retail of $439.95 for a 8" is quite alot and so are the bigger ones. Oh well, they look nice and sound nice and make bass so i don't really mind :-) 3 weeks ago

calvinblinkee Too much ganja? XXX is SQ. W7 is like SQL. 2 days ago

for all the lazy ones :-P

Edited by bassl0va

Thanks. A buddy of mine tried convincing me that JL is worth the price because apparently no matter what happens, if you blow a sub they send you a new one no questions asked. I don't know much about that but It definately sounds kinda sketchy.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

AZombiesMinge GO JL AUDIO, F**K you haters who can't afford one. I went with an RE XXX because everyone says the speaker is underrated and with the same power to it(2x JL 1000/1) the W7 outperformed to RE in volume and quality 3 weeks ago

bassl0va in no way would a JL W7 beat a RE XXX.

and also JL doesn't suck like people say, its just not worth the price it costs. 3 weeks ago

AZombiesMinge Maybe if the RE XXX ad more power it would have been able to outperform th W7. Not everyone can wants to run 15,000 watts in their car. I think JL W7 is more than worth the cost. 3 weeks ago

bassl0va yeah, it's mainly power and box design so either could win. A JL W7 would easy beat a RE XXX at SQ cause a XXX is SPL and W7 is SQ. But it all depends on the box and the power. I only say that they are over priced because a retail of $439.95 for a 8" is quite alot and so are the bigger ones. Oh well, they look nice and sound nice and make bass so i don't really mind :-) 3 weeks ago

calvinblinkee Too much ganja? XXX is SQ. W7 is like SQL. 2 days ago

for all the lazy ones :-P

tl;dr

;)

I run two W3's and I'm happy with them, main reason I got them is because they are in the a JL Dual HO Box, plus its what the shop I goes to carries. I agree the subs are over priced though, no reason to bash JL though.

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Thanks. A buddy of mine tried convincing me that JL is worth the price because apparently no matter what happens, if you blow a sub they send you a new one no questions asked. I don't know much about that but It definately sounds kinda sketchy.

definitely dodgy there, I'd like to see him wall socket one and get a replacement. or drive over one :lol: .

tl;dr

;)

I run two W3's and I'm happy with them, main reason I got them is because they are in the a JL Dual HO Box, plus its what the shop I goes to carries. I agree the subs are over priced though, no reason to bash JL though.

I'm not bashing, its just funny what he is saying. JL makes decent stuff, great SQ, just too expensive.

Yeah. He's not really a reliable source when it comes to car audio. I thought on their site it said if you over power them the warrenty was voided? I could be wrong, haven't been on their site in ages. But one of the examples he tried giving me was if you stabbed it with a screwdriver they'd seen you a new one. Made me lol.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift