SQ bass amp?

devilman

Hey guys new here and this will be my first SQ type system. May be a dumb question but what would be a good quality bass amp/amps? I'll be running 4 IDmax 10s. I have an Eclipse AVN6620 HU, all CDT mids and highs and am running them with my 2 Udimensions Pro 10.4x amps. This may not be a traditional SQ type system with the multiple woofers but I figure with them sealed they'll still be accurate and will rip when I want them to. Any suggestions on a good bass amp/amps will be appreciated.

Thanks, Dman

Forgot to mention this is going in an 06 dodge ram quad cab. I'll be putting 2 10s under the rear seat and the other 2 in a console enclosure.

RF, Sundown, Arc Audio, Audison.

I can get all those brands threw the shop except the sundown. The RFs are a little to large (sizewise) for the space I have. I've used Arc on a few customer setups and like them pretty well. The Audison seemed to lack balls that the others have although very clean. I can also get Hertz. I'm very interested in Sundown though just from what I've read about them. What size would yall run on the IDmax's? If I went with sundown I was thinking a 3500. What would yall reccomend on the other brands power wise?

what is the space u need to fit it in. the 3500 is a BIG amp. clean tho. if the rf amps are to big the sundown will prolly be to big also

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

arc audio se4000

also if theres no balls on the audisons, im questioning your application of the amps

It was a few years back and we did an audison amp (don't remember the model) on 4 CDT 8s and I remember it being very clean but just didn't have the power the customer wanted. He went an put a earthquake shredder on em and it ripped but muddied it up quite a bit. I didn't advise him to go with a shredder cuz I really liked the audison. Honestly that's the only system I've done with an audison on the bass and I liked it, just had it stuck in my head that it needed more power. Could've been like you said just not matching the amp properly.

what is the space u need to fit it in. the 3500 is a BIG amp. clean tho. if the rf amps are to big the sundown will prolly be to big also

I'll be mounting the amp on the back wall of the truck. I stuck 1 of the older RF T4001s up there and it'll fit but very tight.

Archived