Cashdollar2009 Posted March 26, 2010 Report Posted March 26, 2010 Well this isn't necessarily an argument, but more of a disagreement between him and myself. He sells enclosures online and a buddy recommended me into checking his stuff out. I asked for a print on what he had to make sure what he said his tuning was, was correct, which in a few cases they mat be off. Well, this box is advertised 3.0^3ft tuned to 35Hz. Can someone please check my math and correct me if my numbers of 3.28^3ft after port displacement and tuned to 41.6Hz is incorrect? I just don't want a friend ordering a box that is not the advertised size, as well as significantly higher tuning. Thanks... :/ On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said: Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.
dwright27 Posted March 26, 2010 Report Posted March 26, 2010 2.99 after displacement, 38 hz 4.01 cubes gross, 1.02 displaced by port. 4.01-1.02 = 2.99 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
JCiarlino Posted March 26, 2010 Report Posted March 26, 2010 I got 3.30ft^3 tuned to 41.19Hz using Torres' calculator.
dwright27 Posted March 26, 2010 Report Posted March 26, 2010 I got 3.30ft^3 tuned to 41.19Hz using Torres' calculator. thats the calc i was using 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
Cashdollar2009 Posted March 26, 2010 Author Report Posted March 26, 2010 2.99 after displacement, 38 hz 4.01 cubes gross, 1.02 displaced by port. 4.01-1.02 = 2.99 Now would you subtract that area underneath the "l" piece running into the box? From the diagram, it looks as if they just took the volume of that square to get 1.02 and not just the volume inside the port? From the dimensions, the volume of the port is .7265625^3ft. Btw, i was using the generic 12volt calculator... On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said: Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.
MrSkippyJ Posted March 26, 2010 Report Posted March 26, 2010 No idea about the port tuning, but if you add up the internal dimensions I got 3.15 cubes. I didn't even calculate what the port size is, I just used the measurements the guy gave. It worked out for me exactly what the picture said. One section was 1.02 cubes and the other was 2.13 cubes. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Guest Posted March 26, 2010 Report Posted March 26, 2010 i got 3.01cuft and 34.17hz with torres calc. iirc you gotta put in the red port number into the port length. noobsdontknowhowtotorres
JCiarlino Posted March 26, 2010 Report Posted March 26, 2010 I used 16.75" for port length or is that the wrong number.
Guest Posted March 26, 2010 Report Posted March 26, 2010 I used 16.75" for port length or is that the wrong number. that 11.75" isnt part of the port? its sort of attached.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.