Sonic Electronix

trying to figure out how to wire my sterio

k i need an 8 or higher ohm load this is what im wanting to do i have 4 sets of speakers all together im thinking take 1 pair and wire them up in serios together so now 2 sets of towers each wired to 16ohms. now what would my ohm be if i wired each of those 2 sides to a single 15 with dual 2ohm coils. so one side to each of the 15s coils

so 16ohm wired parallel to a 2ohm would be what? around about idea

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

huh? sterio? serios? 16 ohm?

x2 :werd_msword:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

k i need an 8 or higher ohm load this is what im wanting to do i have 4 sets of speakers all together im thinking take 1 pair and wire them up in serios together so now 2 sets of towers each wired to 16ohms. now what would my ohm be if i wired each of those 2 sides to a single 15 with dual 2ohm coils. so one side to each of the 15s coils

so 16ohm wired parallel to a 2ohm would be what? around about idea

Your not really meant to mix ohmages like that.

you would get 1.6ohms or something like that, its parallel is always less than the smallest value.

maybe you should get a separate amp for the 15, it would sound better anyway :-)

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

fuck ok 1 sterio 4 speakers well say 2 on the left 2 on the right now i have those wired together to make a 16ohm load per side now what im wondering is what would it be if i wired each side to each 2ohm side on a 15" sub with a loww pass filter in front does that help or no?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

the whole idea of adding the 15 is just to lower the ohms so ill get more power to the speakers

You want to put 2 speakers on the left channel (16ohm) and 2 speakers on the right channel (16ohm) and then connect the right channel to one voice coil of the 15" sub and the left channel to the other voice coil of the 15" sub?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

the whole idea of adding the 15 is just to lower the ohms so ill get more power to the speakers

you dont want 1.6 ohms though? that will blow the amp.

maybe just go for 4 ohms and put the towers in parallel.

oh and you wont get more power cause the 15 will take anything that you gain from a lower ohmage

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

you want to hook up door speakers directly to a 15" sub then connect the sub to an amp? and no one has told you this is a horrible idea yet? because its fucking retarded. or maybe i just dont understand wtf your saying.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.