6 Crossfire 18s Hummer RE-RE-RE-RE-BUILD

I realize weight is an important factor for everything you guys do to the truck, but dash REAL ESTATE is also very valuable I think. You only need a few vital gauges like oil temp, coolant temp, and Speedo. Because of the weight of this beast, it'd be nice to know a couple of these for heat reasons. With the weight you've got poured into the truck, its basically like towing a boat. Most guys that tow are interested in those gauges I mentioned, and many that tow upgrade radiators and oil coolers too. Are you guys thinking a few simple Autometers for the job or have you given much thought to it at all?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Guest grim83

Not sure if anyone has suggested, and it's not at all like guages matter with this beast, but I'm curious if anyone has suggested trying to fit a heads up display from maybe a Late model Corvette in there. I've never see a 'Vette HUD in anything than a 'Vette. Would be neat to see it done on this thing. There is definitely enough talent working on the H2 to make it work and work smoothly.

cool idea.. but i'm already trying to squeeze 150,000 pounds of poo in a 10 pound bag.

so whats 150001 lbs then? :ehh:

Lol... Right?!? hahaha...

i know boilermaker is taking an offense to that statement considering how big of a soundigital fan boy he is :rofl:

why not just go dakota digital? wont take up weight, space and everything will be included in a small package. cant wait to see what you guys do next

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

good luck bud

thanks man

tuned in :popcorn: cant wait to see ric get started :popcorn: :popcorn:

thanks..i can't wait either

Great news to hear! Whatever the wait is till the results are in, its already too long.

Thanks Don..and I agree..tell Ric to hurry up

As Don said, great to hear man! I'm looking forward to this build, as is everyone else on the forum. You and Pulse won't disappoint, I'm sure of it!

:drinks:

Nah that's all Pulse man...thanks

You should make an uninterrupted build log. I missed most of this because the extreme number of random posts.

Ric has started one and I'm sure he will keep it going. Thanks

122892356v8_240x240_Front.jpgYERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Trippi., will your new SMDs have a permanent home inside the Hummer this time?

Good question and honestly, I don't think anything is permanent in there. lol

The FINAL rebuild is underway. Sorry about the delay but I've had to beg, borrow and steal to get this show back on the road...and I'm not done yet. First for the sub situation: no more T3s in there...long story and I'd rather not go into it...if Mr. T3 wants to chime in thats cool. After looking at some other subs and listenting to some people who I trust and have non biased views on dfrnt options, I decided that the SMDs are the ones I should go with. Brutal lows, high power handling and clean sounds won me over. Others may get louder but wont tear up the lows like the smds. Also, like Ric mentioned, somehow my first order got messed up and I had all dfrnt subs..dual 2s, 1.5s and 1s...so technically it should get a little louder on the mic with using all dual 1s. And I know eveyone has their choice of amps but Sound Digital is mine so please respect that and don't bash them on my page. Ric has a lot of work ahead of him and he's figuring it should be done in 6 weeks...I'm calling his bluff and saying he can do it in 3-4 :drinks: And just as a recap, I'm adding 6 more 8s, 8 more tweets, 8 horns, 6 12s (mids), 20 batts and some gauges so I can drive this thing around legally. Thanks

Your going to be pissing people off at the stoplights... :shok: :shok: So much weight in there :shok: :shok:

Vid of reactions at a stoplight :yahoo:

lol..I need to soup it up eventually.

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Best of luck on your re-build Trippi. I am sure Ric is in for some fun over the next 6 weeks. I cant wait to see this Monster in person.

Thanks..I dont know if he calls it fun.

so, after loosing track of this, thinking it was done, i swear your crazy, i say you just fund the metro and call it a day! lol

what's up..thanks for tuning in

WOOO WHOOOO. good luck with this build once again man

thanks buddy

Put this bitch to bed man ;) Tuned in as always.

lol...thanks

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: Ric can do it in three :yahoo:

I tried to tell him that too..he punched me

Glad to see you back with the SMD's man!

thanks..what's going on?

Good luck with the rebuild, hope all works out, and damn do I wish I were closer, to see, hear, and lend a hand, to get this masterpiece finished!

thanks

I will text you with my reply Mrs Trippi, feg

Stop acting like u have my number, stalker

Good to see you back at it trippi

I like excess.....

Lol

Thanks Ray...me too, unfortunately.

Excess was the word for this like... 3 rebuilds ago? Lol. It's an amphitheater on wheels.

lol

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Just get the dang thing done and up to full potential so the good people can enjoy some good music.

yes sir

And just as a recap, I'm adding 6 more 8s, 8 more tweets, 8 horns, 6 12s (mids), 20 batts and some gauges so I can drive this thing around legally. Thanks

Where are you gona fit all those speakers lol

under the dash..under the seats, rear doors and hatch.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :peepwall:

:drinks:

You are fukn insane......and I love that shit!!!! That Hummer is gonna b UN-GODLY!!!!!! STR8 "BEASTIN"!!!!!!!!

thanks man

:clapping: < for never settling for less and striving for higher goals

great log and build

Thanks decaf

LoL. Trippi, you are my hero!

Never heard the T3s in there but the SMDs sounded great. Shoot, it all did. Dang, another 4 hour trip to see this thing!

Best wishes Ric!

lol...come on down man

Wow glad to see the SMD's back in this beast. Cant wait to see the layout this time. The last amp rack was sicc and I am sure that this one will be just as bad azz. Trippi your crazy. I hope that I can hear this beast one day. I still think you should make a trip over to the coast (west coast) and make sure you come through Spokane Wa. Good luck with the build I am tuned in foo sho :popcorn:

Thanks..the last amp rack will be hard to beat. I might try to make SEMA

Not sure if anyone has suggested, and it's not at all like guages matter with this beast, but I'm curious if anyone has suggested trying to fit a heads up display from maybe a Late model Corvette in there. I've never see a 'Vette HUD in anything than a 'Vette. Would be neat to see it done on this thing. There is definitely enough talent working on the H2 to make it work and work smoothly.

I actually thought about that too..but no room

Wow, insane build man, gotta love it!

I'm glued to this thread :popcorn:

thanks

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Archived