6 Crossfire 18s Hummer RE-RE-RE-RE-BUILD

ok, i know u told me that before..just nervous. Thanks

cool..any tips on the supercharger install?..i'm thinking about it

Lookin better and better....20 batteries thats nuts!!! What model were the kinetiks if u r gettin rid of em?

[/quo

thanks..2000s and 2400s

It will deff help pull that weight! I would have to see pics the bracket for all of your alts, I got my bracket from chris of mla, and we had to modify the bracket to accommodate the supercharger, get the magnuson charger, it mounts center, the other charger for the hummer mounts toward the drivers side of the engine bay and it would affect the placement of your alts.

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

i love this build i think its great but a supercharger seems like an oxymoron... i mean by adding all those alts they are going to be robbing whatever power you WOULD gain plus all the added weight i dont think you would benefit at all it just sounds like a better idea to spend the 5K or whatever it costs for a supercharger on something else

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

ame='hummer30' date='12 May 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1273721544' post='1072690']

ok, i know u told me that before..just nervous. Thanks

cool..any tips on the supercharger install?..i'm thinking about it

It will deff help pull that weight! I would have to see pics the bracket for all of your alts, I got my bracket from chris of mla, and we had to modify the bracket to accommodate the supercharger, get the magnuson charger, it mounts center, the other charger for the hummer mounts toward the drivers side of the engine bay and it would affect the placement of your alts.

ok thanks Ty

i love this build i think its great but a supercharger seems like an oxymoron... i mean by adding all those alts they are going to be robbing whatever power you WOULD gain plus all the added weight i dont think you would benefit at all it just sounds like a better idea to spend the 5K or whatever it costs for a supercharger on something else

I don't understand..so the 4 alts would negate the effect of the SC? By how much?

that guy you gunning for in NY

lol..Beast or Bling?

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Quick update: The truck is going to the upholster tomorrow..should be there about a week or so. Rear bags are in I will post pics of them and the before pic of everything before its wrapped later tonight..minus the seats, they wont be done until Tuesday..ughh

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

I don't understand..so the 4 alts would negate the effect of the SC? By how much? /quote/

everything that the engine turns robs horsepower i.e. air conditioning power steering pump water pump the fan if you have a mechanical one thats why race cars have electrical water pumps and electric fans by adding more alternators your increasing the load on the motor it takes more energy to turn more stuff with the belt you will have more power with the supercharger than without it but that change would go unnoticed compared the the truck without the added alternators as well say you have a stock hummer.. you add a supercharger you get more power then you add say 3-4 alternators now the power goes back down probably not stock but it would be much closer to that then where it was before the alts were added

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

So this is going to be at slamology?? looking forward to pics of the seats :)

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I don't understand..so the 4 alts would negate the effect of the SC? By how much? /quote/

everything that the engine turns robs horsepower i.e. air conditioning power steering pump water pump the fan if you have a mechanical one thats why race cars have electrical water pumps and electric fans by adding more alternators your increasing the load on the motor it takes more energy to turn more stuff with the belt you will have more power with the supercharger than without it but that change would go unnoticed compared the the truck without the added alternators as well say you have a stock hummer.. you add a supercharger you get more power then you add say 3-4 alternators now the power goes back down probably not stock but it would be much closer to that then where it was before the alts were added

Ok, I didn't know the effect would be that drastic, but thanks. So that's one of the benefits of turbos..not belt driven?

So this is going to be at slamology?? looking forward to pics of the seats :)

Yup..booked my room yesterday. I've been wanting to go to a big show like this for years!! I was planning on hitting them all a few years back but a bad experience with shop kinda turned me off from the show scene..but now I'm back!!

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Ok, I didn't know the effect would be that drastic, but thanks. So that's one of the benefits of turbos..not belt driven?

yes that is an advantage but the advantage of a supercharger over a turbo it you have power when you hit the gas with a turbo you have to wait for the engine to get to a higher rpm in my opinion the turbo is better but both have strengths and weaknesses if you really want to add power without any major loss im sure you could find some kind of turbo kit i know of people turboing 6L silverados and its the same motor

As much as you have already done you should do a dual ball bearing turbo* :P that would be sick! Can't wait to see this at slamology can me and my girl get a demo??

*as in (2) ball bearing turbos.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Archived