well, an MLA, or some sort of external voltage reg will cure that issue, but really anything over 15.x isnt really GREAT for AGM batts for LONG TERM. Currently my tahoe (specs in sig) sits daily @ 15.3/4 and my 3 AGM deka's seem to be doing fine (over a 8 month period) but im just telling you what I keep reading about.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

thanks for reply, whats a MLA? sorry for newbie questions? i have 140 amp alt. big 3 in 1/0 stock battery..

was thinkin about adding a 2nd battery but dunno if i need it or alt. or ???

Edited by One Luv

mla stands for missing link audio. Its a voltage module that controls the output of the alternator. Check out missinglinkaudio.com for some more info on it. Adding a second battery should be fine, just make sure its a decent battery. Nothing like a normal car battery. Personally i think that an alt should be done before a vcm

yeah your better off getting a better alt and being able to keep your amps at 14.2 all the time, rather then 15 idle then its going to drop right away if you dont have a big enough alt/enough batteries. go with a new alt DC and Iraggi are awesome

29yr3gg.jpg

Custom Car Audio

(815) 916 - 9194

www.midwestsplcustoms.com

2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities

Alpine CDA-117

Dual 0/1 Runs

(3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back

(4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider)

(4) Hifonics BXi 2010D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

4 RF P1653 6 1/2's

Big 3

All Kicker/Knu Wiring

Get you a good alt from 230 - 350 amps, and something with a high idle amperage. that way your lights wont dim when you decelerate, there are people with big 15-19 volt systems and they have a huge amount of batteries, several runs of 1/0 to 2/0 to the back to their battery banks. MLA Modules, Xs Power modules,, and some 16v batteries.

yeah i plan to get a new alt. im tryin to achieve a consistant 14.8v t0 15.8v at fast or slow idle..

I DONT HAVE A PRBLEM WITH LIGHTS DIMMING, JSUT WHEN I KNOCKIN MY VOLTS TO MY AMP GET LOW SO I NEED TO GET AND KEEP THEM UP IN THE PREVIOUSLY STATED RANGE. LOOKS LIKE HO ALT IS FIRST PLACE TO START ALONG WITH THE MLA.

WOULD PUTTING A BIGGER BATTERY HELP AT ALL?

I DONT HAVE A PRBLEM WITH LIGHTS DIMMING, JSUT WHEN I KNOCKIN MY VOLTS TO MY AMP GET LOW SO I NEED TO GET AND KEEP THEM UP IN THE PREVIOUSLY STATED RANGE. LOOKS LIKE HO ALT IS FIRST PLACE TO START ALONG WITH THE MLA.

WOULD PUTTING A BIGGER BATTERY HELP AT ALL?

Biggest batt u can place under the hood is a very good idea.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley