Sonic Electronix

Watts to amps and volts help!!!!

ok im getting a headach beyond reason normaly im not so confused but say i need to tune a amplifier for a sub thats 1600 watts max and i need to tune my amp to push out that 1600 watts or less. What is the equation to get volts for 1600 watts so i can get the readout on my volt meter to tune my amp so i dont kill the sub cause im extremly confused and i have no idea what the amps are either

in house subwoofer system FTW but nothing special

1 12 inch lanzar vibe 1600 watts

subwoofer box tuned to 36hz

no amplifier ATM

1 350 watt antec power supply 1 300 watt antec power supply 2 other brand 300 watt power supply four in total :)

all four gauge to the soon to be amplifier

Bus bars

1 simple bass boost

Videos at www.youtube.com/walkingfreak

ok im getting a headach beyond reason normaly im not so confused but say i need to tune a amplifier for a sub thats 1600 watts max and i need to tune my amp to push out that 1600 watts or less. What is the equation to get volts for 1600 watts so i can get the readout on my volt meter to tune my amp so i dont kill the sub cause im extremly confused and i have no idea what the amps are either

well say you want 800rms going into the sub.. you take the rms and times it by the ohm load and then take the square root of that.. i believe and that al tell you what voltage to set it 2.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

well say you want 800rms going into the sub.. you take the rms and times it by the ohm load and then take the square root of that.. i believe and that al tell you what voltage to set it 2.

this, end thread.

example, 800w * 2ohms = 1600. square root of 1600 is 40. so 40vAC (NOT DC) is gonna come out of the speaker terminals.

edit: literally 99% of car audio requires math, so you better be good at it haha

this, end thread.

example, 800w * 2ohms = 1600. square root of 1600 is 40. so 40vAC (NOT DC) is gonna come out of the speaker terminals.

edit: literally 99% of car audio requires math, so you better be good at it haha

Yeah i knew the A/C part of it cause you can get direct current on a multimeter from an amp i figured out the way of getting watts out of an amp to see what its pushing but never for the life of me until now could figure how i tune an amp to the right volts and i suck at math kinda im getting better

no amplifier ATM

1 350 watt antec power supply 1 300 watt antec power supply 2 other brand 300 watt power supply four in total :)

Bus bars

1 simple bass boost

you have an amplifier capable of producing 800 w RMS, right?

Not yet but im buying one

no amplifier ATM

Bus bars

1 simple bass boost

• 2 weeks later...

i was just about to ask.

just tell us and we will take care of you and make sure you're all set up proper...

Yeah lanzar vibe 12 inch 1600 watts and no amplifier working on getting one

no amplifier ATM

Bus bars

1 simple bass boost

Archived