Sonic Electronix

Is this a waste of money??

guy on my team runs 2 15" comps in a prefab and does around a 143 off 1kw of power. Said he paid like $40 each for the subs. Not bad for the $$$ he has invested. 10-12 of them should get very loud. Lot of guys have done budget "big" builds like you're planning on doing.

1.5^3 seems awfully small for a 15" sub though...

honestly man, its personal preference ur doing this for u and ur friend not to satisfy anyone else on here. no offense to anyone on here, so if u want ot be unque and on a budget do it, its gunna be nasty, personal preference is always guna come out ahead ha. id do it if i had the money go with what u feel comfortable doing as well

I agree with this, it's good to try something different, 12 15's are gonna get Hella loud for sure, and im not the smartest person when it comes to boxes and port area, but i think it really depends on the box you make and the time you put into the box, if you do your research and take time to build it right and tune it properly then it's all worth it . 12 15's should have alot more cone area than 2 18's but it depends on your build.