Sundown Audio

This a problem?

lownslow336

why would a coil to each channel matter if it is a mono signal and its a d2 sub? I'd do that instead of bridging it imo, bridging causes the amp to heat up more, and be slightly less efficient

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

Didnt know you could bridge a mono signal.

bridged didnt sound any better an it still cut off,

i turned down the gain a bit..

it still hits hard, an my amp gets a lil warm also

Jenson head unit

Rockford Fosgate wiring

Rockford Fosgate p200.2(mids/highs)

Rockford Fosgate p500.2(subs)

15' kicker L7

LOL you guys, its not a mono amplifier. Its a stereo amp that has left and right channels and unless he is sending a mono signal to it from the radio he is sending a left and right signal.

On some recordings there are going to be musical notes that are only played through either the left or right speaker.

When his output drops out is when only one coil is receiving an amplified signal and when its shutting off then he is sending a very biased signal and its fighting the left and right against each other into one voice coil and the amp is sensing a major issue and shutting it down.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

bridged didnt sound any better an it still cut off,

i turned down the gain a bit..

it still hits hard, an my amp gets a lil warm also

I bet you ran both coils to the amp didn't you? You gave the anp a 1 ohm load LOL.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

LOL you guys, its not a mono amplifier. Its a stereo amp that has left and right channels and unless he is sending a mono signal to it from the radio he is sending a left and right signal.

On some recordings there are going to be musical notes that are only played through either the left or right speaker.

When his output drops out is when only one coil is receiving an amplified signal and when its shutting off then he is sending a very biased signal and its fighting the left and right against each other into one voice coil and the amp is sensing a major issue and shutting it down.

idk man ha

Jenson head unit

Rockford Fosgate wiring

15' kicker L7

I bet you ran both coils to the amp didn't you? You gave the anp a 1 ohm load LOL.

its not a 1 ohm load lol each voice coil is 2 ohm, the amp is 2 ohm on each channel, nothing wrong with that

Jenson head unit

Rockford Fosgate wiring

15' kicker L7

Figure out witch is coil #1 and coil #2.

Then take the negative from coil #1 and hook it up to the positve on coil #2. Now you have a 4 ohm woofer.

The last 2 terminals on your sub have nothing in them and those are the only positive and negative that you run to the amp when you bridge the amp.

FYI 4 ohm bridged power is the same amount of power as running the amp 1 2 ohm coil to each channel but you don't have the conflict of signals anymore.

Terryswork001.png

idk man ha

You have absolutly no idea what you are doing at all. You do not comprehend how this equipment works at all and it should be taken away from you.

Terryswork001.png

Archived