You just said that a $400 paint job is a $400 paint job. And that it would be $5 for him to get it done "right, the first time" .......but YOU will do it for $1500 <_<

Getting work done in a shop = paying shop prices, where do you think most of the money goes when you take your car somewhere to get worked on...it doesn't go to the technician.

Doing work as a side job means 100% goes to whoever is working on it, not having to pay shop labor fees, excess shop material costs.

What you are saying is if you get a discount on something its not as good because you didn't pay full price for it. I was at the autorama this year and 80% of the cars had absolutely horrible paint jobs. Yes they were shiny, flashy "show cars" but up close they had a lot of defects.

• 2 weeks later...

A $400 dollar paint job will look like a $400 paint job, same with a $2000 one. To get it done right, the first time... will be $5k easy. But that's not even for a color change, that's the same color just re done. If you want to get into the door jambs, under the hood and in the trunk then its going to be more.

What is the name of the shop? are they on auburn blvd? I will paint as a side job, not through my work. For a complete $1500 plus materials :pardon: I do top notch work, and I work at the best shop in sac. I'm sure you have seen some of my stuff around sac.

Or partial trade for paint work lol im always looking to stuff.

$400 sounds pretty normal to me. if all the prep work would be done, so really theyd only be paying for a couple of layers of paint on the outside. no engine bay, door jams, body work, or anything.

i use strictly PPG and can paint a whole car for $900 or truck/suv for $1300. butt hat includes me sanding, priming, paint, and clear coat. even kandy paint is easy and cheap.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived