Sonic Electronix

Like it says in the description, I'm in need of a box design. I was thinking of using this 6" precision port, so that I won't have to worry about the specifics of an L-port, etc. The sub in question is in my sig. It has two spiders, and I was told by Forevrbumpn that the Fs should settle between 32-35Hz after break in. Power will come from a QSC Audio RMX 850 pro amp, so expect RMS to be somewhere around 800W. Because this is NOT going in a vehicle, I do not have any real size limitations, other than that the box needs to fit through a doorway cool.gif

So, let's recap...this box needs the following:

-SQ design that won't hesitate to at least hurt my ears (not looking for a numbers box by any means)

-I'd prefer if it used aero/precision porting

-It'll be made of 3/4" MDF or 1" if I can find it.

-RMS power is about 800W.

-32-35Hz tuning, probably closer to 32.

-No size constraints

Whoever wants this job, I will PayPal you the reasonable amount you charge, if you choose to do so.

Edited by S15_Silvia

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

just doo a sonotube/sonosub setup

something along the lines of

sonosub.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

just doo a sonotube/sonosub setup

Aww but what fun is it to hide that sexy kevlar cone?

My feedback thread

truth

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

downfire is kinda the norm on HT stuff, it seems to work pretty well in almost all cases.

for my .02, throw that bish in a t-line.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

downfire is kinda the norm on HT stuff, it seems to work pretty well in almost all cases.

for my .02, throw that bish in a t-line.

raytard wheres the picture of your gf in your sig :(

and theres alot of shit you can do OP

horns t-lines all sonosub normal ported but alot of it is determent on how well your wood working skills are

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

current build

I have access to a table saw, jigsaw, band saw, router (no table router though), power drills, and can get a jasper rig, etc...and yeah I can use all that s***, so no worries there drinks.gif

I basically need someone with much more experience and know-how to do a good job designing a box for me

My feedback thread

designing a tline is easy, find the 1/4 wave tutorial. all you have to do is make one big port that has the same sq inches as your sub, and a length long enough to contain 1/4 of a full wave of your driver's Fs.

and uhoh, i broke up with her cuz shes not very much fun and kinda didnt want to be reminded of her everytime i post...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I just seen this thread, and I agree with ^

since you have room to spare, and power on tap, tline would be nice, or tapped horn/line

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.