Need alarm install help

What's up. Well, I have an 01 impala. According to 12volt/installerbay/etc. the power door lock is an orange/black wire. I found this wire going to the BCM (I think it's the bcm) near the driver fuse panel, and a orange/black wire going to the power door lock on the driver side.

Now according 12volt.com it says:

single Wire Door Lock System. Lock Requires A Ground (-) Pulse Through A 470 Ohm Resistor. Unlock Requires A Ground Pulse. Diode Isolate One Wire With The Band Facing Towards The Alarm/Remote Start Module

But on another site it says:

1 wire door locking system (orange/black) a straight negative will unlock and a (-) negative thru a 480 ohm resistor will LOCK.

So which one is correct? A guy at bestbuy gave me some diodes & resistors. I soldered some wires on them, not sure if I was suppose to do that or not. Any way. I cant get the power door locks to work. I have no idea what they mean by "straight negative" and "negative thru a 480/470 ohm resistor" means. I tried but it didnt work.

Also, it says I need #r-30-H relays for dome light & trunk release. I can't find any but I do have the #r40-A or something like that one's Same layout. Idk. Sorry for the long post but this shits confusing me. That's all I needed to finishe the install then I quit, lol. Let me know, I reallt appreciate it.

Also, I bought a iDatalink ADS-TBSLPL which is (i think) only used for remote start. I'm going to go and buy this one iDATALINK ADS-DLSL-GM and see if it works.

Also, inb4 TL;DR

Also, if anyone can tell me what kind of diode to get. 470ohm? 480ohm? Because there's different kinds, 30amp, 1/2 amp, etc.

Also, if anyone can tell me what kind of diode to get. 470ohm? 480ohm? Because there's different kinds, 30amp, 1/2 amp, etc.

ok bro calm down lol, first off your gonna need 2 relays to do the lock and unlock on your car. on your relays the hook up goes as follows:

pin 86-12v

pin 85- alarm doorlock trigger( lock)

pin 87- ground

pin 30- doorlock wire on car( solder resister on this wire, this will lock your doors)

wire the second relay the same just without the resistor, hook both wires up to the orange black wire in your car

u may need a 1 amp diode

• 2 weeks later...

lock

pin 86 12v constant

pin 85 lock wire from alarm

pin87 ground

pin 30 to orng/blck

unlock

pin 86 12v constant

pin 85 unlock wire from alarm

pin 87 ground

pin 30 thru 480ohm resistor then to orng/black

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

What about the 87a white wire? Also, should I set to "0.8 second door lock pulse", "3.5 second door lock pulse", "double pulse unlock", or "door lock with COMFORT FEATURE"?

I figure I should set it to "ignition controlled locks & unlocks" for a 01 impala?

if ray doesnt say anythign about 87 a you don't use 87 a

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

o...... you hook that to your horn wire..

lulz.

j/k.

You dont use 87a

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

So ok, I tried what ya said, still nothing. I am not using the #R30-a. It's like a #R38-H or some crap. Anyway, I tried messing around with the wires. If I use the black 85 and touch the orange/black wires, the locks unlock. Use the other black 85 with the 480 ohm resistor and touch the orange/black wire, it locks. Weird. I tried hooking up the (- blue/unlock, -green/lock)wires from the brain to the blue 30 and tried to lock and unlock, nothing. Tried them (-)lock/unlock wires from the brain on the red 87a wires, still nothing. I figure something isn't clicking right. Need more diagnosis come tomorrow since it's dark out now. What a pain in the ass.

Archived