DC Sound Lab

Level 4 XL 15" power ?

well i joined the bandwagon and just ordered a level 4XL 15" but i have a question. im gonna use my last subwoofer as an example i had a 15" kicker L7 and it was 1000RMS but what they dont tell you is thats only for a sealed box when its in a ported box its only 750RMS. so on the DC website it says 1500RMS for the level 4XL and it only recommends a ported box so is it 1500RMS for a ported box? i just wanna make sure cause i have heard the bigger your box is the less power you can give a woofer safely and the smaller the box they can handle more power.

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

2008 Chevy Impala (Daily Driver)

Pioneer touchscreen w/navi

1 DC XL 15" (around 4cuft ported box)

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

Memphis MClass 6.5s (front doors)

Memphis MClass 6x9s (rear deck)

stock alt & front batt; 1 Red top in the trunk

139.2db sealed (on my old JL1000/1)

140.0db outlaw (on my old JL1000/1)

1992 Chevy S-10 Ext cab. (project car)

Coming Soon: Bagged with some kind of wall.

well i joined the bandwagon and just ordered a level 4XL 15" but i have a question. im gonna use my last subwoofer as an example i had a 15" kicker L7 and it was 1000RMS but what they dont tell you is thats only for a sealed box when its in a ported box its only 750RMS. so on the DC website it says 1500RMS for the level 4XL and it only recommends a ported box so is it 1500RMS for a ported box? i just wanna make sure cause i have heard the bigger your box is the less power you can give a woofer safely and the smaller the box they can handle more power.

From what i have heard off this site, you can give them 2k rms+ of clean signal. But you got to have the electrical to back it up. When i get mine they will have 2k rms each. just build your box right and make sure your giving it a good clean signal and you will be fine.

From what i have heard off this site, you can give them 2k rms+ of clean signal. But you got to have the electrical to back it up. When i get mine they will have 2k rms each. just build your box right and make sure your giving it a good clean signal and you will be fine.

k cause i dont wanna blow it or mess it up. i blew a memphis M3 15 and a kicker L7 15 from overpowering them in my last 2 set-ups thats why im switching to DC cause from the looks of it they are pretty beastly lol

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

it depends on how you set your gains, if they are not clipping, you will be fine, you can clip the shit out of it and burn it up in 15 min what amp do you have that will be powering the XL?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

it depends on how you set your gains, if they are not clipping, you will be fine, you can clip the shit out of it and burn it up in 15 min what amp do you have that will be powering the XL?

right now my JL 1000/1 will be pushing it till i find something with more power. how can the gains make it clip? cause i was gonna have it all the way up to try to get all the power i can so will that matter?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

cause i was gonna have it all the way up to try to get all the power i can so will that matter?

:ehh:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/4382-setting-amplifier-gain-control/

Edited by Cashdollar2009

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

ya bro you never wanna have your gain all the way up on any amp. itll drive the amp into the ground let alone your sub. turn up the subwoofer output on the headunit all the way then set your gain. but put your gain around half to 75% and youll be happy. that jl is a beast itll do fine till you get something bigger.

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

ya bro you never wanna have your gain all the way up on any amp. itll drive the amp into the ground let alone your sub. turn up the subwoofer output on the headunit all the way then set your gain. but put your gain around half to 75% and youll be happy. that jl is a beast itll do fine till you get something bigger.

aight ill do that

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

aight ill do that

I am running around 12k to 4 of the 15xl's.I am very careful not to clip the amp.And they take it like a champ.

boyd4.jpg?t=1269745309

Dual DC Power 270XP's

One XS Power S3400

Four XS Power D3100's

Soundigital 12kd

Four DC Audio 15XL's

Atomic 504

Kicker Mid's and High's

One SoftTop Jeep Wrangler

TNESPL-152.5

DB DRAG-153.2

ON THE ROAD TO "55"

DC subs like their power, especially when it's clean!

I'm running mine off of 2000 watts rms right now, but eventually Im going to use a stestom 2k5d (3300 watts) on it. Drop the money for a quality and and you will never look back.