Second Skin Audio

box tunning math.

FUCKK thank god theres some smart people in the world!! i say that equation and my mind went BLANK!!

it's not as complicated as you may think. the math is basic (square root, multiplication, and division). the letters are just variables. once you know what numbers to place there you can pluck away at the formula to come up with the tuning.

This is true. Like I said it only gets a little hairy when you put equations in place of the existing variables, then more in place of those, etc... Just make up little charts and write it all out. I have a notebook dedicated to it.

Plus having a math major in my background helps. This is quite simple if you break it down logically.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

yea i thought it would of been more complicated but once i saw the equation im not worried at all. i love the calculator but i just like doing my work too. Thanks guys for the formula...

And yes the TI-89 and 93 are graphing calculators too. Depending on the math you take they can be a god sent

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of equations involved. You'll need to have your T/S parameters ready and understand how to calculate your efficiency (S factor) and get your appropriate passband and rolloffs.

I honestly don't know enough about it to explain. As far as "tuning a blowthrough" you would just make the threshold the acting port in your front chamber. You aren't going to need much to affect the frequency significantly.

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

There are a lot of equations involved. You'll need to have your T/S parameters ready and understand how to calculate your efficiency (S factor) and get your appropriate passband and rolloffs.

I honestly don't know enough about it to explain. As far as "tuning a blowthrough" you would just make the threshold the acting port in your front chamber. You aren't going to need much to affect the frequency significantly.

ok cuz i was trying to make like a 4th order i guess i dno cuz i know the sleeve in front of the box connecting the truck cabin to the box will affect tuning too. I want to play mad low on the blow through too so if anyone can tell me how to design it or make a design for a good price it would great

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon