45 on HU, infinity kappas amped and not that loud?

Alex K

I constantly see videos of mids and highs really loud with cars with lot's of bass. I am running Infinity Kappa 6x9's and 5 1/4 in the door, along with some sony h20s tweeters in the front. I have everything plugged into a Eclipse EA4200 4ch amp and it get's just about as loud as normal speakers do, no amplified at about 1/2 volume. Now I know you may say "unplug the tweeters" but it's the same ammount of sound either way and i've had this setup for about 6-7 months now and it's working fine with my tweeters tapped into the front 5 1/4.

What else can I do to get louder mids and highs? Would I need to just get a more powerful amp for my kappas? I really don't know what to do at this point!

Also, I'm running the 750W kickers too, and I'm running a 90 amp alt. So yes I have some limitations on what I can add. I had a tiny bit of dimming before I did the big 3, but that's solved now.

Thanks

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Your probably have the speakers wired wrong and have a ridiculously high load on the amp.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Archived