Sonic Electronix

alright so i went to my first spl competetion yesterday and did two runs. with my 15" cvx(1000rms) i did a 140.9 on my first run and 141dB on the second.. anyways ther will be more competition and i just think that cvx has a lil more potential.. i want to c a 3db gain at least so what can i do?? im running a zx750.1, 750rms@ 2ohms which thats wat its at. and stock alt with no big 3. and my box is sub up port up.. i was thinking it wuld be louder with sub up port back. i would do sub back port back but the sub has to b facing up n my truck cuz thers no room.. tell me what you guys think.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Spl is tough to test and gain without a meter, I think for what you have your number is pretty respectful.

It's a hit and miss game. for 3 db you should try a new box. I think slot port forward or aeros back. Or a Termlab... like i said TESTING=db's

When your at a meter make sure that your using your peak freq when on the meter. In my car I see it peak at different freq when volume is low compared to all out burp. Like I said a meter is needed to test and improve.

Good Luck with that.

Edited by sactownstang

First and foremost man congratulations on your first competition. Your score is very decent and respectful for your first time out and not pushing over 1000watts actual power. Now for your attempt of gaining 3db is not impossible but, may take a lot of testing and trial and error before it will actually come about without adding more power. However, adding power by batteries or by amplifiers will easily get you your 3db gain. Now for design for your acura you could probably try the CRX style box to gain the db's but, your going to lose sound quality. Meaning you'll have a burp only box and not a daily driver.

What spl competition did you compete in?

***this thread probably should be in competition corner to get more ideas***

Spl is tough to test and gain without a meter, I think for what you have your number is pretty respectful.

It's a hit and miss game. for 3 db you should try a new box. I think slot port forward or aeros back.

Wires biggest amps u can afford and good subs all help to some extent.

Good Luck with that.

thanks, ya im gunna fix all my wiring problems n c where that gets me, n then ultamatly build a new box.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

First and foremost man congratulations on your first competition. Your score is very decent and respectful for your first time out and not pushing over 1000watts actual power. Now for your attempt of gaining 3db is not impossible but, may take a lot of testing and trial and error before it will actually come about without adding more power. However, adding power by batteries or by amplifiers will easily get you your 3db gain. Now for design for your acura you could probably try the CRX style box to gain the db's but, your going to lose sound quality. Meaning you'll have a burp only box and not a daily driver.

What spl competition did you compete in?

***this thread probably should be in competition corner to get more ideas***

it was held at advanced elecronics n iola kansas (radioshack), n only like six ppl. i did jus as good as a guy with 3 12's who got a 141.5 so he got me by .5 n im only running one sub. and they used a termlab so its the real deal.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

great minds think alike huh kimo?

lol

I dunno my crx can slam pretty low 150.5 for 42 hz on termlab. So u can have a musical system.

However if your just looking to win spl shows higher tuning is a must.

Most competitors are tuning in the 58-64 hz which sucks for daily driving. Did u burp for that number or off music?

Thats where the Termlab system comes in. With one and a new box u can possibly achieve the 3 db u want.

For what u got though not bad.

I only ask what spl comp. because each organization has different rules in which you need to stay in as far as classes. if you went up against a guy with 3 12's it sounds like db drag but, with only six cars it is hard to say. Either way bro definitely try some different things.

great minds think alike huh kimo?

lol

I dunno my crx can slam pretty low 150.5 for 42 hz on termlab. So u can have a musical system.

However if your just looking to win spl shows higher tuning is a must.

Most competitors are tuning in the 58-64 hz which sucks for daily driving. Did u burp for that number or off music?

Thats where the Termlab system comes in. With one and a new box u can possibly achieve the 3 db u want.

For what u got though not bad.

it was a bass mechanic cd n they told me what freq. to turn it to until it got the loudest. And yes it was jus one tone like a burp.

n btw i hav an acura with a trunk not a hatch. so its even harder to get loud.. thas y they kina jizzed ther panties at the comp. cuz they thought it was good for what it was.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

I only ask what spl comp. because each organization has different rules in which you need to stay in as far as classes. if you went up against a guy with 3 12's it sounds like db drag but, with only six cars it is hard to say. Either way bro definitely try some different things.

it was notin serious, it was jus a small get together n there will b more. they did go by classes, like single, dual, three, and unlimited. but ther was not enough ppl. n no real prize but we did get certificates with our spl listed on it.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg