Sanitarium Posted April 5, 2010 Report Posted April 5, 2010 So I've realized that I'd be loosing too much to get speakers into my doors (door pockets, i do use em). Plus I'm too lazy to do fiberglass work (prolly the biggest factor actually). So I got my q-logic kicks, powered off one amp, and i have a 4 channel amp sitting around I want to utilize. Solution? Put some quality speakers in my dash! Problem is, as with a lot of older chevys, the dash was meant for 4x6 speakers. So suggest me something to fill a 4x6 hole. coaxials, plate components, stand alone components (i can make my own plates OR just mount em and put the tweeter somewhere else) Try to keep it under $200 for the set, $150 more realisticly.
jeepwrangler11 Posted April 9, 2010 Report Posted April 9, 2010 So I've realized that I'd be loosing too much to get speakers into my doors (door pockets, i do use em). Plus I'm too lazy to do fiberglass work (prolly the biggest factor actually). So I got my q-logic kicks, powered off one amp, and i have a 4 channel amp sitting around I want to utilize. Solution? Put some quality speakers in my dash! Problem is, as with a lot of older chevys, the dash was meant for 4x6 speakers. So suggest me something to fill a 4x6 hole. coaxials, plate components, stand alone components (i can make my own plates OR just mount em and put the tweeter somewhere else) Try to keep it under $200 for the set, $150 more realisticly. if you like good sq then id get the boston 746 plate speakers. I have them in my jeep and they perform well at all volumes. they are also around 120-160 depending on where you get them. 1998 Jeep Wrangler Tj Sport 4.0L Headunit:Pioneer AVIC-N2 Front Speakers:Boston 746 Rear Speakers:Boston CX-6 Speaker Amp:Kenwood KAC-526 Subwoofer:Kicker Free Air Competition 8inch Subwoofer Amp:Kenwood KAC-428s Wiring:Stinger 4&8 Gauge, Rockford Fosgate 16G Big3 in 4 guage stinger and two 8 gauge stinger wire Rockford Fosgate Battery Terminals,Connections and Distro Block Rockford Fosgate Signal Cables *UPGRADE COMING SOON ONCE SUBS AND AMPS ARE DECIDED* New Subs Two Sundown SD1V2 10's
Decaf Posted April 9, 2010 Report Posted April 9, 2010 http://www.millionbuy.com/pol4x6l2120w.html http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_22079_Rockford_Fosgate_T1462.aspx http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_product.aspx?category_id=14&family_id=21&product_id=91 i would not get infinity or jbl, they are the same ur problem is going to be mounting depth, i could only fit 1.5" in my caddy... had to jerryrig it to work
lance_98main Posted April 9, 2010 Report Posted April 9, 2010 I have the rockford fosgate t1462 4x6's and i really like the sound of them, i have right around eighty watts rms going to them for a few months now, and are holding up great, and they don't cost much!! 2000 2dr blazer 15" diamond audio d3 4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back) debating on a wall or no wall. Shay-kee
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.