Jwills Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 I personally have very limited knowledge of component speaker systems but after looking around the forum, I see that CDT comes highly recommended. My original plan was to get 2 sets of Rockford T1652-S but now I dont know what to do. I am willing to pay around $250 per set so if someone could recommend a good series of CDTs or just tell me the benefits of a certain CDT comp systems (within price range) over the t1652s it would help me greatly. Also there are no CDT dealers around me that I know of so where to buy these at a good price online would also help. I'm looking for a lot of clean midbass at high volumes so if other brands would be better, might as well through them into the mix as well. Thanks for any help!
Andrew2944r Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 HD series are very very nice and you can get them from wooferetc.com Team Ampere Audio
mbaty1 Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 in my personal opinion, CDT is a pretty nice brand, sound quality wise; however, one thing that I have found was that the mid-bass left much to be desired. Even after deadening behind the speakers and such to get as much out of them as possible, it still just never "came alive" for me. The one way I have seen them perform well is running them active, putting more power to the mids that the tweets and building pods for the mid-bass to be placed. If you are looking for something a little more punchy, you may want to go down and hear the RF's, they have some very nice sets out right now. Basically... if you are looking for a good sounding set-up, the CDT's would fit the bill, but if you are looking for a bit more punch, there are better options out there for the same or less money than the CDT's run..... just my $0.02
L8-NiTe Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 I run a set of t1652s and im very happy with the sound of them.Good and clear and plenty of punch to them.I did deaden the up front so im sure that helps out as well with the bass response.
n8ball2013 Posted April 6, 2010 Report Posted April 6, 2010 i agree with the above reference to the CDTs lacking midbass. Its their one flaw. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Jwills Posted April 6, 2010 Author Report Posted April 6, 2010 thanks for the quick response and i think im going to go with the rfs... they really arent that expensive so if need be i can upgrade in the future but midbass is def what i am going for and cdts seem to be second guessed.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.