Second Skin Audio

how to make 2 dual 2 ohm subs=2 ohms

my problem is that my amp is not 1 ohm stable and i have 2 dual 2 ohm alpine type r's. i was talking to a guy on you tube and he said that i could parrallel the subs dual voice coils,i then get two 1 ohm subs, the i wire the subs in series(ohms add up) equalling a 2 ohm load at the amp terminals. my question is does anyone have a diagram that can show m how to do this or even explain where to put the wires? if so that would be great. thx

my problem is that my amp is not 1 ohm stable and i have 2 dual 2 ohm alpine type r's. i was talking to a guy on you tube and he said that i could parrallel the subs dual voice coils,i then get two 1 ohm subs, the i wire the subs in series(ohms add up) equalling a 2 ohm load at the amp terminals. my question is does anyone have a diagram that can show m how to do this or even explain where to put the wires? if so that would be great. thx

GO TO ROCKFORD FOSGATE WEBSITES AND THEY HAVE WIRING DIAGRAMS, IM SURE IT WILL HAVE SOMETHING FOR THAT WIRING.

You could parallel the voice coils and run the subs in series, or run the voice coils in series and parallel the subs. I don't know if one way is better than the other, although I think I've seen people mention that they prefer to run the voice coils in series.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

no can 2+2 coils dont = 2. its 1 or 4... unless you run 1 coil or add another sub.

Read again. He said he has two subs. So he can wire them each to 1 or 4 ohm, then wire the two of them to 2 ohms.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2&woofer_imp=3

THIS WILL HELP ALOT FOR YOU!

You could parallel the voice coils and run the subs in series, or run the voice coils in series and parallel the subs. I don't know if one way is better than the other, although I think I've seen people mention that they prefer to run the voice coils in series.

i would rather parallel inside the box, cause now me and jeff have to find a magical way to parallel his coils down :(

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg