Sonic Electronix

my car got broken into and they took my radio . so i put in a jvc kd-hdr20 headunit and now my front speakers distort whenever the volume is turned up

i have a kicker component set in front that will distort when volume is turned up but when i put the fader to the rear speakers those play fine and clear

i double checked all the wiring and connections to the front speakers now i dnt kno wat to do

jus wondering what else i should check and look at b4 i go and buy another set of speakers

my car got broken into and they took my radio . so i put in a jvc kd-hdr20 headunit and now my front speakers distort whenever the volume is turned up

i have a kicker component set in front that will distort when volume is turned up but when i put the fader to the rear speakers those play fine and clear

i double checked all the wiring and connections to the front speakers now i dnt kno wat to do

jus wondering what else i should check and look at b4 i go and buy another set of speakers

It could be the head units amp distorting. What does it have to be turned up to for it to distort? If not, your fronts can't handle it. upgrade time!

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

i found that your radio is 20 watts RMS. I doubt that would make a Kicker set distort. Check your eq

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

maby the audio settings, i changed the ones on my pioneer n it went away, i got kicker ks 6&1/2 comp set wit the 1'' tweet and im runnin kicker ks 6&1/2 coax off a memphis pr150.2 n the tweets useto be harsh and the tweet bulb useto light up but i messed around wit settings n that changed

maby ur headunit aint got enough power to run em

what kinda deck did u have befor u got ur jvc? and what are the rear speakers?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i found that your radio is 20 watts RMS. I doubt that would make a Kicker set distort. Check your eq

You can distort speakers with any amount of power. I'm going to guess he is trying to play them too loud on too little power.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i unno if other decks have this but if u got somethin like a sla like pioneer has for level adjustments for inputs keep it set to 0 i useto have mine turned up to +3 n it didn't like higher notes

but ya change audio adjustments, take ur eq and set it to flat with no boosts on anything even turn teh loud off, and turn it up n see were it distorts at n then turn it down n adjust each freq level n see if it still distorts n work from there

ied turn it up with the loud off and then with loud on n see what the diff is volume wise n work from there

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

You can distort speakers with any amount of power. I'm going to guess he is trying to play them too loud on too little power.

how does that work? Like is it when it's at a certain voltage and power level that it starts to distort?

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

how does that work? Like is it when it's at a certain voltage and power level that it starts to distort?

If you turn any amplifier up too much, it clips, which can damage speakers, and it sounds hideous. You know the guys who drive around with their 6 by 9s at max and it sounds like chgzggzgzg chgzgzzgz chgzgzgz, like that!

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Because of clipping. Clipping damages voice coils.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69