Second Skin Audio

Need Help Designing A Enclosure

jcm1689

the enclosure is going to be a blow through in a silverado for 4 18" SSD's. the max dimensions are 21" height x 49" width x 72" long. the customer wants the hole that has to be cut in the wall kept to a minimum size so im pretty sure its gonna have to be a bandpass since the small opening will act like a port. if someone could help me design something or tell me how to design something i would really appreciate it. the box is for daily ground pounding. idk if you tune badpasses the same way but i wanted to tune it to 29hz if i did a standard ported box so something that compares with that.

bandpasses are a little more complicated to design. here is a link to a website that might help... http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

also, you can try over at termpro.com (i think he is member here too, but isnt on much) and get ahold of 80inches...he is good with bandpass designs. or get ahold of ray or david on here and they could design you something...

i likes me some audio stuff...

I have some great ideas, my first would be a big fat horn. would be original, and would slam like a mofo

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I have some great ideas, my first would be a big fat horn. would be original, and would slam like a mofo

im up for anything can you design something like that??

anyone????? how big of an opening would i need in the wall for it to not screw with the tunning if i did just a standard ported box.

Archived