Grounds to my tahoe's frame....quick Q for the PRO's please...

Resistance between those points is probably 0.000001 ohms. Doesn't make a difference as long as each bolt is done properly.

Ground loops come from the signal side of things 99% of the time - bad RCA ground or bad headunit ground is such a common one.

There u are BOON, haven't seen u in a while :drinks: .... I actually have a seperate ground for the headunit, grounded to a firm metal bracket behind the dash, nice and clean and secure. my RCA's are brand new stingers, and since my HU swap 2-3 weeks ago (I replaced my HU and all rca's) some of the noise did go away, but not all of it.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Meh, I just run straight ground from front battery to rear batteries.

But the 2 separate grounding locations next to each other shouldnt cause any issues at all!

Do you have any rca's near a power wire, such as by your amp rack, or crossing over a battery?

Even shielded rca's will get bad noise running over a power wire. I know I had to be very careful on my layout with the high amps mounted right above the batteries or I had noise.

oh ya, I have rca's going over my power wires like crazy....... Really hard not to really.... I will move them as best as possible and see what happens.. Thanks

hey, just my experience with it, but i had noise that literally overpowered my music till half volume, and now i have so little I cant hear it over the background hiss of a Pink Floyd album.

rcas moved far from power (or anything that had alot of power going through it, motors, ac blowers, transformers on amps, batteries, busbars<def made a difference, i can touch my rca to power and hear the noise come back

grounded rcas in back of radio<big difference. if the radio had good rca grounds it wouldnt, but my radio happened to have bad ones (pioneer...)

made sure grounds were as legit as possible (0g with soldered lugs, going to unpainted half inch thick steel with a brass bolt) <no difference, i guess my ground was fine

ran radio ground to chassis<no difference. then again i switched from a long wire to the passenger kick, to a strong steel piece in the dash.

installed better rcas(from monster bulk to kicker twisted)<no difference AND 2 channels went out cuz the ends separated :( back to monster bulk's

in desparation, installed a rockford RFBLD. <flicked the switch and 98% of my noise disappeared. retuned the gains (now that i had 11v on tap) and got rid of the other 2%. not to mention, things sounded a whole lot better. i cant tell if its nuances coming through that were normally lost under the ground noise, or an actual improvement in my sound, but i'll be damned if it doesnt sound a whole lot better to the ear either way.

so thats just my experience with a drastically different car, but if you're trying to track it down, you now have a bunch of ideas of what it could be.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

hey, just my experience with it, but i had noise that literally overpowered my music till half volume, and now i have so little I cant hear it over the background hiss of a Pink Floyd album.

rcas moved far from power (or anything that had alot of power going through it, motors, ac blowers, transformers on amps, batteries, busbars<def made a difference, i can touch my rca to power and hear the noise come back

grounded rcas in back of radio<big difference. if the radio had good rca grounds it wouldnt, but my radio happened to have bad ones (pioneer...)

made sure grounds were as legit as possible (0g with soldered lugs, going to unpainted half inch thick steel with a brass bolt) <no difference, i guess my ground was fine

ran radio ground to chassis<no difference. then again i switched from a long wire to the passenger kick, to a strong steel piece in the dash.

installed better rcas(from monster bulk to kicker twisted)<no difference AND 2 channels went out cuz the ends separated :( back to monster bulk's

in desparation, installed a rockford RFBLD. <flicked the switch and 98% of my noise disappeared. retuned the gains (now that i had 11v on tap) and got rid of the other 2%. not to mention, things sounded a whole lot better. i cant tell if its nuances coming through that were normally lost under the ground noise, or an actual improvement in my sound, but i'll be damned if it doesnt sound a whole lot better to the ear either way.

so thats just my experience with a drastically different car, but if you're trying to track it down, you now have a bunch of ideas of what it could be.

Thanks bud, I appreciate your reply....

when u move your rca's try wrapping the cable in aluminum foil. extra shielding

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

ok, I need to be MORE SPECIFIC HERE! with just the key on (truck not started though) there is NO HISS/WHINE what so ever.....everything is crystal clear. The problem starts when the truck is started. Once truck is running, the hiss goes up with engine RPM, and I have to bring the radio to about "12" on volume to not hear it anymore. If I rev the motor, the noise gets louder, etc.......... driving me crazy! My grounds are SHORT, except for the runs of ground from front batt to rear batt buss bars. and all grounds are CLEAN and SECURE! I enjoy the wiring part of car audio, and dont half ass my wiring.... So now that I've described my issue better, what might help me here? Thanks

I am willing to bet 99% that its the route of your RCAs...There can still be a problem with the RCAs being too close to power wires even when no noise is present when the engine is off. Same thing is happening in my car. Re routed the RCAs...as it turns out they were pretty close to the power wire on accident under the rear seat...re routed them and NO NOISE anymore from scoche wal mart RCAs ;)

Good luck man.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived