Sonic Electronix

idk if the box is to specs

i was just going to buy the box with my subs and amp and all that

so im assuming it is?

and a buddy was saying something about i would need to put another battery in if i put two 15's in?

don't buy pre fab boxes, they are terrible, build a nice box :)

You don't have to buy batteries, you can upgrade alternators etc, but you don't need to, it's better if you do though.

Edited by bassl0va

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

don't buy pre fab boxes, they are terrible, build a nice box :)

define "nice box"

a friend and i built his with just normal wood and caulked the cracks and put that foam shit in there (can't think of the name)

is there a special way i should make it then?

define "nice box"

a friend and i built his with just normal wood and caulked the cracks and put that foam shit in there (can't think of the name)

is there a special way i should make it then?

correct amount of cubic feet, good sized port, nice tuning frequency. Made out of MDF, no leaks (caulked well, like your other box) mostly tuning and size though, thats what people mean by "nice box"

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

correct amount of cubic feet, good sized port, nice tuning frequency. Made out of MDF, no leaks (caulked well, like your other box) mostly tuning and size though, thats what people mean by "nice box"

MDF?

and what do you mean tuning

thanks bro for everything tho!

MDF?

and what do you mean tuning

thanks bro for everything tho!

medium density fiberboard. The wood that is pretty much compressed sawdust, very good for making subwoofer boxes, used by most people on here.

It you build a ported box, you will have to use a calculator (there is one on this site, made by torres, a download link is on his page) to work out what frequency the box will be tuned to, I would suggest around 35hz, the port should also be between 12-14 square inches per cubic foot of the box, all this is in the help section of torres's calculator. maybe make the box 3 cubic feet.

If you need more help with enclosures, then have a search around or ask some people on here, we're all glad to help :)

medium density fiberboard. The wood that is pretty much compressed sawdust, very good for making subwoofer boxes, used by most people on here.

It you build a ported box, you will have to use a calculator (there is one on this site, made by torres, a download link is on his page) to work out what frequency the box will be tuned to, I would suggest around 35hz, the port should also be between 12-14 square inches per cubic foot of the box, all this is in the help section of torres's calculator. maybe make the box 3 cubic feet.

If you need more help with enclosures, then have a search around or ask some people on here, we're all glad to help :)

would you recommended ported or enclosed?

yeah i have been reading this site for a while just never get an account because i dont know much at all, after all im only 16 :noob:

but everyone is so willing to help scrubs like me..

would you recommended ported or enclosed?

yeah i have been reading this site for a while just never get an account because i dont know much at all, after all im only 16 :noob:

but everyone is so willing to help scrubs like me..

everyone on here would recommend ported, as long as is a "nice box :) " , I can help you design it and so can many others on here :) .

Don't be so hard on yourself, everyone needs to start somewhere, I'm sure you will learn a lot on this website, I know I did, and I'm still learning, there is so much to know and thet knowledge just keeps growing :good:

everyone on here would recommend ported, as long as is a "nice box :) " , I can help you design it and so can many others on here :) .

Don't be so hard on yourself, everyone needs to start somewhere, I'm sure you will learn a lot on this website, I know I did, and I'm still learning, there is so much to know and thet knowledge just keeps growing :good:

hah there you go again with your "nice box"

i would be grateful if you could help me design it (or someone else who knows more then i do)!!

yeah when i get older i want to own my own shop