180A Alt could power 2.3kW?

Just curious. I'd love to dump a 15" BTL in my trunk, custom box, ported to 32 htz at about 4.2cubic feet @ 2,000 Watts rms and about another 300 in mids and highs amp. I was looking at an Iraggi 180A alt for my accord, and was wondering if I could get away running this setup with the 180A alt, big 3 in 1/0 (replace my current 4gauge big 3), and my stock battery. Currently running 1kW with my cvrs, with stock alt and it's only 85 amps. I can't imagine how a 180 wouldn't be able to handle 2.3k.

Thanks

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Just curious. I'd love to dump a 15" BTL in my trunk, custom box, ported to 32 htz at about 4.2cubic feet @ 2,000 Watts rms and about another 300 in mids and highs amp. I was looking at an Iraggi 180A alt for my accord, and was wondering if I could get away running this setup with the 180A alt, big 3 in 1/0 (replace my current 4gauge big 3), and my stock battery. Currently running 1kW with my cvrs, with stock alt and it's only 85 amps. I can't imagine how a 180 wouldn't be able to handle 2.3k.

Thanks

Just don't do too much bumping while in idle, and i don't really see much conflict here. Spend a little extra cash on a second battery. HC1800's are $200.00 on amazon. If you are going big with a BTL and power, you want all of the electrical support you can get.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I understand. Money is kinda an issue - not too much. I pull about 200 a week from my part time job. I just want to be sure it's done right the first time ya know? I love my CVRs to death, but I want bragging rights from 2kW of pure Fibtl bass. I would run a 2nd battery a few weeks down the road, but I kinda want to stretch the build time out so i'm not taking a bloody axe to my bank account.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I understand. Money is kinda an issue - not too much. I pull about 200 a week from my part time job. I just want to be sure it's done right the first time ya know? I love my CVRs to death, but I want bragging rights from 2kW of pure Fibtl bass. I would run a 2nd battery a few weeks down the road, but I kinda want to stretch the build time out so i'm not taking a bloody axe to my bank account.

Avoid sitting in the parking lots for hours straight bangin' and you'll be fine until you can afford to invest more. Just be careful and monitor your voltage. It'll be cheaper to pay attention. I hear you on the "waiting for more money to come in... budget" ordeal. Play it safe, and you will end up with everything in time.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived