Sundown Audio

brand new amp help!

hamel52

so i got a brand new mb quart dsc 1500 and hooked it up to my sub and i followed the manual instructions of having everything turned completely down to start, i turned it on it was working and so i got to the nobs to set everything up, i turn the level to about 2 since thats my rca output level 2 volts and i heard the sub kind of kick on start to make noise. then i turn my sub sonic up a little so its around 20hz then i turn up my lpf as i turn it up and i hear the sub start to pick up some higher notes it just stops woking. no more sound the amp was still on never shut off and didnt go into protect or anything i had my hu volume at like 5 so it was barely playing and now it wont work at all it turns on says its working fine but no sound comes out of sub.

also i have checked the sub on my friends amp and it still works perfect so its not the sub. any suggestions? think i got a faulty amp?

Start small, check RCA cables, wires, etc. Normally it's something simple

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

i checked my rca's even swapped them out with a known working pair, made sure sub was wired correctly made sure the sub wasn't blown by hooking it up to another amp, im thinking the amp must have a problem everytime i turn it on it makes a clicking/ popping noise. probably going to send it back to sonicelectronix and get a new one.

Archived