ok so i installed my new US amps amp today

great amp

im getting a weird noise from the alt because its only when the car is on, the faster the revs the higher the whine

now i know its not a grounding issue because ive grounded the amp directly to the frame on clean metal,

my alt is stock it puts out around 14.8-15.2 volts depending on the temp

this has been ongoing with every mids and highs amp i put in the car its always the same whine and same pitch, ive tried many different grounding points and 2 difrent power lines

what im thinking of is that this may be my alt putting out a malformed power signal or a dirty power signal,

has anyone else had this problem?

Big 3 is done in 2/0 wire

all power/ground connectors are using terminals that were soldered with silver solder then crimped solid, all wire is 100% OFC wire that all exceeds AWG standards

Out of all the problems there can be in car audio the whine/humming noise can be the worst thing to have to deal with and solve as so many things can be the source.

Check this link and try the things in there, hope you can get it solved.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=113633&t=113633#113633

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

ok i fixed the issue, what i did was added a capacitor, that made the noise almost go away, it was about 90% gone but still there, so i grounded out the RCA sheilds to direct chassis ground and the noise went completley away, i did get a oscope hooked up to my alt output and it was putting out a dirty power wave, there was alot of "noise" in the power line, but what can you expect from a 13 year old stock alt

so at the end of april when i get my new 300+ amp alt it should be a much cleaner power signal,

I was goin to say it might be the diodes goin out in your alt or some pioneer head units you have to ground your rca's cause they will make noise my stock alt was makin a little noise when I put my new alt in that took care of it

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Archived