Head Unit Problems

Guest clifford3030

Guest clifford3030

I had my whole system installed for about 2 weeks when i blew my first radio fuse(a car one) so i replaced it and turned most everything down. about 3 days later another blew with the first(i got 3 radio fuses in my car, took awhile to find each lol) replaced it and checked all wire and unhooked sub but the next day all three blew. Each time i replace them they blow right away now. I've switched my ground away from the factory ground and the problem still continues. Any help would be much appreciated because this is causing an ungodly amount of frustrations. HELP!!!!!!!

you need to check you acc, or your 12v constant. typically those are the wires that are going to cause your unit to blow fuses. IF those are fine check any illumination wires, remote wires, power antennae wires, then move to your speaker wires as a last resort....(typically you will hear bad noises coming from your speakers if those wires are bad). if nothing else take it back and exchange or warrenty it!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Guest clifford3030
disconnect the cd player from the back of it, and try turning your key to the "on" position. that will let you know if you have a short i believe. you couldve pinched the power wire somewhere in the car, and now its causing it to short out.

yeah they keep blowing... what will be the easiest way to check this because its a big bundle of wires coming into the fuse boxes

Well if you have amultimeter do a continuity test of all the wires and that should reveal the faulty one.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived