Second Skin Audio

Want Infor About Fi Ssd Subs

dcofer

im am looking at buying two 10" FI SSd sometime in the next two years lol (gotta get the money first :) ) but i have a question. that is the sirst brand where i have seen options when ordering and i was wondering if someone could explain what they are before i go and jus throw money into the sub. how does each option improve the sub and sound and is it truly worth the cost? keep in mind i am building a SQ system that i want to hit hard when i want it too but good clean loud bass and quality are my main goals. so before i fully considered these subs i wanted to know a little more about them from the users like all you ppl :) thank you

there is a website for that, plus a thread here on SMD

www.ficaraudio.com

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ok, i have read the information o nthose sites, but what is the BP power option? its an extra $40 so it has to be worth it to make me pay that much for it. and i couldnt find anything on that aspect so instead of a link can i get a quick cut and paste from where the link is for or jus a quick explination. thanks :)

BP option

"This new option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack for a little extra mechanical ability.

All of these new features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application.

Its just another way of tuning and tailoring your subs to your exact needs.

Now this is not something for everyone and I dont think that most people need to add it. But we are getting more and more bassrace applications where being able to stack more power to ge the sub to its linear limits for a specific application requires more than the rated RMS power (often quite a bit more) and this option allows you to push things a little harder for some applications. If you are looking for a SQ setup or just a clean daily setup within the normal limits of the subs... then there is no point.

Would I recommend it to someone with 1200W in a daily driver? I doubt it as it really wouldnt be needed and the extra 200W really isnt an issue. Its the guys that are trying to stack on 1800W and push them as hard as possible for 30 seconds (or try to all day) while voltage starts to drop and things start to get ugly towards the end." -Scott

sheephotdog-1.gif logoblack.jpg

1999 Eclipse N/T

12'' Fi BTL

Gp3000d

PM D3100

Archived