Sonic Electronix

Preventing Amp Being Fried Help

ok so when i get my amp back(memphis mc 1000d) im going to add a 2nd battery and a new alternator that puts out 105 amps (custom for my acura 3.0 cl). The first time it fried i was in the parking lot at work and i took the faceplate off my radio and the music kept playing and sub kept bumping, then when work was over i came out put the faceplate on and my radio wasnt working. When we got the radio working (at this time we were putting in the line driver) we found out the amp was fried. So i was thinking that because i didnt turn my car off and take the faceplate off, that whole dilemma was the problem. Am i wrong for thinking this? I don't know how else it could've fried ( had had my amp working for 2-3 weeks prior to getting a new radio). thanks for the help :o

ps. sorry i'm not very knowledgable but i know the basics.

memphis mc 1000d

re sx 15"

thanks! :) :)

15" re sx 4.1 cub at 33hz box by coolwazabi

its more like a custom fit model upgrade from what i have. autozone =\ i'm not looking to spend a whole lotta cash if i dont really need to if i'm not pushing that many watts.

15" re sx 4.1 cub at 33hz box by coolwazabi

larger alt...make sure ALL connections are good

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Contact Iraggi or some one and see if they can make you a bigger alt...it will probably save you money in the future ;-)

LOL i know exactly why your saying that, i started with 1 10" 2 years ago and then had 2 15"'s and now have 4 12"'s lol

Ok back to the amp, i just fried my JBL GTO1201.1 just under 2 days ago, and this happened because apparently according to the repairers, the amp was on the box as i told them and components became loose in the amp and casued a shortcuit and then casued to fry,

Also Check all Cabling, RCA's could be damaged, wiring plays a BIG role... :D

Archived