Anybody have any experience with the RE XXX components?

deernet

I ordered a set of the RE XXX 6.5 components yesterday, was wondering if anyone is using them and what they think. What attracted me to them was the 150w RMS PER SIDE, and them running on 2 ohms. I'm going to be powering them with a Rockford Fosgate P3002. From what I've read about them so far, I think I'm going to like them.

T1500-1

BTL 18 D2 Loaded

P300-2

Waiting on RE XXX 6.5s to get here

Sux that you need 150 for them to do anything. Also the tweets plain out suck nuts also hope they never blow as customer service with that company is horrible with a capital h

that are pretty crazy in the mid bass area but James is right, the highs suck on them. Not to mention the tweets are big as hell and the woofers are pretty deep

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

i ran more than that on them daily...one blew from a short...totally my fault. you have to be smart and x them over at least eighty hz 100 if you're gonna beat the fuck out of them.

but i would make sure you have your xovers set right.

yes their customer service sucks dick...and their highs lack but i havent hurt them yet...

also a word of advice. Make sure your front baffle for the mid is VERY sturdy or you will lose mad output.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

You guys think I should just use my P3002, or get another amp? If I was going to run them active, I would need a 4 channel, correct? I've been wanting one of the new Power T600-4s.

Edit: I'd say the T600-4 would probably be too much power, wouldn't it?

T1500-1

BTL 18 D2 Loaded

P300-2

Waiting on RE XXX 6.5s to get here

no you'll be fine with that amp running active. It would be a nice step up from the 300.2

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived