Unibody grounding

Really all you can do is use the thickest spot you can find. ive got some tubing welded in the rear of my car for support. And my batts are grounded to this. also have some 1/0 running from the engine and frame mounts up front to the batt rack. Just my opinion...the thickest metal u can find :good:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

Moved my ground to the trunk floor where it's much thicker and makes a bit o' difference. Found a 'framerail' right next to the hole I drilled as well so if this doesn't keep working out I have something else to use. Thanks all for the advice!

Anyone have any ideas about the acessory voltage drop though? I'm getting horrible light dimming from my blinkers/hazards and my defroster, but not my audio (even at full tilt.) What gives?

Too many projects, too little time...

honestly sounds like a ground issue. do u have two batts? if so have you done the big 3? alot of times, (with hondas anyways) this happens if you dont have a good ground from the engine to the frame rails. Just something to think about

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

Wonder if that's my issue then, because I have yet to find a good spot for my engine to chassis ground. It's either a 5-foot ground, pulling the motor half out to cover the factory ground, or going a half inch from the alt belt. Would a metal intake manifold be an okay ground from the engine?

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived