DC Sound Lab

12" Level 3 in Glove box Build

Mad props for the unique build. I hope you like how it sounds so all that effort pays off in the end. I agree the plexi window would be hilarious or perhaps put a photo of a normal open glove box on the so its like an old school wylie coyote cartoon :)

Edited by elcamino74ss

2007 Ford Taurus

Pioneer P980BT Head unit

Stock Electical

DB Link 4ga wiring

Polk DB570 front/rear

Junk in the trunk:

Polk db1222 box

Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd

Fucking sick... great joob dude!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Mad props for the unique build. I hope you like how it sounds so all that effort pays off in the end. I agree the plexi window would be hilarious or perhaps put a photo of a normal open glove box on the so its like an old school wylie coyote cartoon :)

Yea I really hope it sounds good and this wasnt a waste of time/money. i suppose even if it doesn't sound good at least i tried and got some more experience doing fiberglass so i cant really say it wasted. unfortunately i decided against the plexi as i didn't want to dump a whole lot more money in this thing. Plus the inside wasn't that pretty and wouldn't have looked very good haha

this is a wild install, cant wait to see how it all turns out

Thanks Rusty, trying to do my part to rep the DC!

man this is sweet...i would like to do something like this just for fun. cant wait to see how it sounds

Yea i have had a few weeks off before i go to school so its been nice just working on my truck all day. I am hoping to get it playing by Friday...

Hey, you are doing an amazing job. Can't wait to see how it all turns out, and I think that it will defs make the girls scream. :). I think that your gf is liking this idea for sure! It is very creative... Keep it up!!!!

Ya im sure she does like it ;) haha

Fucking sick... great joob dude!

Thanks broski

does it make bass yet?!... :popcorn:

not yet...give me a few days. my new speakers should get here in time for it to make bass.

well here is the work i got done yesterday. I finished fiber glassing the entire box. all that's left now is to make it look good, i should be able to get most of that done today.

P4200438.jpg

P4200439.jpg

P4200440.jpg

I also have done some work on my doors. Basically i had the speakers, 5 1/4" Bassworks, in a small sealed kick panel and i was pretty disappointed with the mid bass. So the solution is to cut a hole in the back of the speaker pod and door panel to allow the air to pass into the door itself. I then sealed the holes off using pieces of 1/4" PVC board (the stuff used for hockey boards) and sealed off the holes. Then i covered the doors in flashing tape, which is a cheap substitute for sound deadener. I tried to to this job on a limited budget which is why i used the flashing tape and not actual deadener. Its basically just self adhesive tape which is made out of asphalt,rubber and is actually pretty close in thickness to dynamat. Its used for roofing and it only cost $30 for both doors and i have a ton left over

P4180400.jpg

P4180406.jpg

P4180409.jpg

P4180410.jpg

P4190411.jpg

damn looks so sick good job

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution