DC Sound Lab

12" Level 3 in Glove box Build

Cut the hole in the door panel..

P4190414.jpg

P4190415.jpg

After doing the doors i ran new speaker wire. Its 4c14awg (4 conductor , 14 gauge) used in high voltage substations as control cable. I have a bunch of it from my old job, its nice stuff. each conductor is separately numbered which will make it easy to install the speakers. i am going to run it to the back seat where i will install the crossovers and amp

P4190417.jpg

P4190420.jpg

P4190422.jpg

P4190423.jpg

P4190426.jpg

P4190427.jpg

thats all i got done yesterday, i was interupted in the afternoon...

P4190431.jpg

Hey guys sorry about the lack of updates on the sub box the past few days. I received my new speakers this morning, by being rudely woken up by my wonderful and amazing girlfriend who got up and answered the door when purilator man dropped them off. They are Polk Audio MM5251 (5 1/4"). They are marine rated which i need because i sunk my truck in 4 feet of water last summer and basically destroyed my previous components haha. For the price they sound very clean and they should really shine when i get some power to them (will be a ED Nine.2) After doing that i wired up the sub and amp. All i can say about the sub is wow am i surprised. the only bad thing is there is a reasonable amount of port noise because of the speaker grill but that can be taken care of. It sounds very good and is way louder then i ever expected. It sounds much better then the level 5 of course, also for some reason its almost as loud (to the ear)

I didn't want to finish the box with paint/carpet until i heard the sub just incase i had to do more glassing. but it seems everything is okay so i will start finishing it when i get the time.

P4210452.jpg

P4210453.jpg

P4210454.jpg

P4210455.jpg

P4210456.jpg

P4210457.jpg

P4210459.jpg

P4210460.jpg

P4210461.jpg

P4210462.jpg

P4210463.jpg

I am going to go make a short video, and song/angle requests?

Edited by mikey060

Don't try to croos the border with that box...Looks like illegal BASS....BOOOOOM. If you get pulled over you just have to bump the bass to get the registration and insurance out!

im just curious to see how it sounds.

any video will do the trick.

oh, and it appears that the lvl3 had weighed the glove box down quite a bit.... any plans for reinforcing it and supporting it a little bit better?

great job so far! i like the fast pace of this build :drinks:

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Lookin good, im excited to see a video!!

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Don't try to croos the border with that box...Looks like illegal BASS....BOOOOOM. If you get pulled over you just have to bump the bass to get the registration and insurance out!

LOL ill keep that in mind

im just curious to see how it sounds.

any video will do the trick.

oh, and it appears that the lvl3 had weighed the glove box down quite a bit.... any plans for reinforcing it and supporting it a little bit better?

great job so far! i like the fast pace of this build :drinks:

I am going to try and secure it from the top more. It is actually very secure, i cant even move the box if i try. The bolt through the firewall is very sturdy. i will probably just build a trim panel to cover all the gaps

Lookin good, im excited to see a video!!

thanks ill have one up soon

I'm enjoying this build.

I once saw pics of a sub mounted in the front passenger floorboard, but I've never seen someone do a glove box conversion...

You can't fix stupid