Sonic Electronix

Ok got a problem. I put expanding foam in my truck ceiling last thursday. In betweene the interior and exterior metal panels. Taped up all the holes with duct tape like I've seen done several times on here and the stuff still hasn't dried. When I peel back some of the tape it looks like honey pouring out. The stuff that pours out dries quickly. What did I do wrong?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

any suggestions to get it dry without having all over my truck?

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

i unno but i think it has to be incontact with air for it to cure but im not to sure about it

do you kno the temp outside when u did this? might not have been warm enough?

and i dont do expanding foam cause theres so many diff kinds of it and some will shrink after a while and some will expand more than shrink

i take weatherazation at collage and we do alot of expanding foam type stuff and its really tricky how it works

but ive seen some ppl use it in there trunks braceing and it would expand to much and start chipping the paint from swelling

also did u tape it all up and then stick the tube threw the tape and spray it in each hole? thats what i would do, should work better than tapeing it all off and then spray it

but i wouldn't tape it at all really, by the time it starts cureing it wont drip much and then u could take a hand sander and just sand it back down to what it needs to be

shit gets tricky when u try to use construction made stuff for a car, it will work but theres certian ways on how to do it

and like most ppl use secondskin and dynamat for deadning, i use peal and seal roofing sheet metal tape, it has a thermal part and is a shit load cheaper and is pritty easy to use also, got my doors done in my truck with it and it works pritty well, not saying its better but its alot cheaper, about a 30-40ft roll of peal and seal is like $30 or so and a dynamat door kit is like $100 at best buy

anyways if it was me i would take a 5gal bucket and hold it up under the thing and peal the tape off slowly n let it come out and just refill it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

You could tape some paper towels,rags or something that will let the air pass through it, or as someone else i seen do it by placing plastic in the entire interior till it dried. It only needs a few hours to dry to the touch on the outside.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Ok thanks guys will do when I get home.

Def dont use peal and seal. But if you want your car to smell like a freshly paved road go right ahead. Get a spray bottle and fill it with water, lightly mist the foam that is dripping out. It may take a couple trys in a 20 min time period but it will get it to set up

American Bass*DC Power

well i dont think its peal n seal tho

the stuff i use u get from lowes, and what knot, it has aluminum on one side and like a buytle rubber on the other side, its not tar, its rubber and dont stink, and has a blue film on it, they use it for roofing tin and what knot

works perfect :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

oh, and i dont mind a freshly paved road either, but this dont have a smell for some reason

No peel n seal just some expanding foam from the hardware store