Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer enclosure help.

Hello everyone,

So i'm in need of some help with an enclosure design.

It's for a single 12" Kenwood KFC-W3011, I'm a really good fabricator and I have all the proper tools just lacking in tunning knowladge.

I have a pre fabricated box now and to me it's very similar to a sealed ground shaker enclosure.

I do not listen to any hip-hop or rap but that doesn't mean I don't like bass :) This single subwoofer and a cheap Sony xplod amplifier and jazz has made alarms go off over 50 feet away.

But the main gernes I listen to is rock, electronic and metal (Not screamo) Real metal.

But anyway I know my Sony xplod amplifier is a horrible decision and I did get rid of it.

The reason im staying with my Kenwood KFC-W3011 is that im not looking for extreme bass, I personally like the subwoofer. I just want a box design I can use for the best performance out of what I have.

Here are some specs for the subwoofer:

Impedance (per voice coil) 4 ohms

Peak Power Handling 1200 watts

RMS Power Handling 400 watts

Minimum Sealed Box Volume .8 cubic feet

Maximum Sealed Box Volume 1.75 cubic feet

Minimum Ported Box Volume 1.0 cubic feet

Maximum Ported Box Volume 2.0 cubic feet

Sensitivity 90 dB

Frequency Response 25 - 800 Hz

Xmax (millimeters) 11.3 mm

Top Mount Depth 6-11/16"

Thanks for looking.

Kenwood Kac-7204

Kenwood Kfc-3011

ok here is a pretty simple box make it 30"x 15"x15" that will give you 3 cubic feet inside if you want a simple round port go with a 4" inch round pipe 10 inches long will make it tuned at 30 htz 8" inches long will tune it to 33 htz and 6 will tune it to 35 htz make sre the box is strong with bracing and you should be just fine good luck!!!!

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee

[/size]

ok here is a pretty simple box make it 30"x 15"x15" that will give you 3 cubic feet inside if you want a simple round port go with a 4" inch round pipe 10 inches long will make it tuned at 30 htz 8" inches long will tune it to 33 htz and 6 will tune it to 35 htz make sre the box is strong with bracing and you should be just fine good luck!!!!

Wow thank you moto211!

I do have a question tho, This design is 3 cubic feet and the subwoofer says I can't go any higher than 2.0 cubic feet ported so is this a problem?

Kenwood Kac-7204

Kenwood Kfc-3011

Wow thank you moto211!

I do have a question tho, This design is 3 cubic feet and the subwoofer says I can't go any higher than 2.0 cubic feet ported so is this a problem?

These are just recommendations, my sub recommends 3 cubes, I have it in 8 cubes, and running off twice the RMS that it is rated for, yes it get s very warm, but as long as you are careful it doesn't matter. You won't have this problem though as you are only over by <1 cube and probably giving it rated power.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Wow thank you moto211!

his estimation was a gross box volume which dosent account for sub and port displacementn so it's probably around 2.5^3 net

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

his estimation was a gross box volume which dosent account for sub and port displacementn so it's probably around 2.5^3 net

yes that is correct i was giving a safe box design it should work just fine , what i do with the speaker manufactures specks is i crumple them up and put them in the trash , bigger the better for a box

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee

[/size]

Hey I built it a few days ago and it sounds amazing just on 300 watts, Thanks again moto211.

I'll have a video up later of it doing a shirt trick on 20hz but for now here are pictures of my first enclosure.2l9lj61.jpg2cg1o5z.jpg Now I need box carpet haha.

Kenwood Kac-7204

Kenwood Kfc-3011