Sonic Electronix

I have an 08 focus and im trying to put some stuff in it.... right now i have rockford power series everything except subs. I haven't figured out what to buy sub wise.. currently i have a 1500-1 rated at over 1800@1. Planning to get a 2500-1 after the electrical is upgraded enough. Any suggestions? Biggest box i can squeeze in my trunk is 32*32*16.5 tall, was planning to point subs into the cab and seal off from the outside, let me know what you think. I like DD, Fi, RF(obviously :D) and AQ but I wanna ask around before i buy. Thanks

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

Mmm 3515 :)

What kind of space do you have available?

Biggest box i can squeeze in there is 32 x 32 x 16.5... comes out to around 8 cubes before port/woofer displacement

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Mmm 3515 :)

Edit: didn't fully read the post. Me-- dumbass.

Do 1 9518

thats what i was hoping to hear actually.. how much are these things tho?? i cant find prices ANYWHERE

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Go to the website and go to the dealer locator, it should find a shop that carries them near you. But I would look around for one that's used. Those things are built like a tank.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Go to the website and go to the dealer locator, it should find a shop that carries them near you. But I would look around for one that's used. Those things are built like a tank.

oh yeah i noticed.. I've been researching forever... I get huge discounts on all the fosgate stuff... the dealer i buy from told me to wait until the new stuff came out. So i did research while i waited and learned there was WAY better stuff out there. plus 18's are bad ass :) I was gonna get an smd ran off two 1500's but the nearest dealer is like 2 hrs away and im lazy :) AQ stuff is really cheap, and i heard 2 hdc3s- thought i was gonna go deaf. I just like the DD stuff a lot more. Think the 2500 will be too much for the 9518? i wanna say they usually put out around 3100+

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

DD says the 9518 has an 8000 watt max, yet I've seen people run 5500 on it daily. But it's gotta be CLEAN power. I'd say 3100 would be perfect.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

DD says the 9518 has an 8000 watt max, yet I've seen people run 5500 on it daily. But it's gotta be CLEAN power. I'd say 3100 would be perfect.

ahh... damn that is a lot.. so what kind of electrical upgrades do ppl usually recommend for that kind of power? im prob gonna end up around 4k of CLEAN power as you put it lol. thats why i bought the rockfords.. and a 300 dollar oscope :/ this is my no budget system so itll be right. just lookin for guidance on some stuff

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Why a 9518 with only 2500 watts before impedance rise and voltage drops? i think i would be a waste of money unless you get a bigger amp, for that amount of power, i would use a 3518, but with a 16.5" height box yoou would have to get some angle for the box front face, instead of that, i would get a pair of DD 2512´s or 3512´s :D

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/