(New Videos 12/21/10) 3 15" Alpine Type ARRRRRRGHs in single CRX box tuned to 30Hz, in my Swagger Wagon

Few things I need input on for my van.  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What name shoudl I pick???

• Swagger Wagon
    • Party Van
    • Pimp Mobile
    • Decimator
    • Shaggin Wagon
  2. 2. What type of amps should I look at for my next build???

• Stetsom 7kd
    • 3 RF T1500-1bd
    • 3 RF T2500-1bd
    • Some amp that can do 7k+ RMS @ 1ohm (name amp)
  3. 3. Which subs for the build mentioned above???

• 3 15" DC lvl 4 XLs
    • 3 15" DC lvl 5
    • 3 15" Fi BL
    • 3 15" Fi BTL
    • 3 subs that are dual 2ohms adn capable of around 2k RMs each

o ok right. I was gonna see how my new woofers sound in the tlines. And then build a box that is up firing and port back. Or I would do a wall. Haven't decided yet. I am going for a good spl daily driver. And I would like ot to keep a sleeper status. So I think CRX type box might be better. But will it be the loudest

A wall will be louder, but make sure you invest the time in doing it right. Bracing everything properly and sealing it all off.

A CRX box "should" be loudest daily.

A wall will be louder, but make sure you invest the time in doing it right. Bracing everything properly and sealing it all off.

A CRX box "should" be loudest daily.

so I guess it would help to mention the subs I'm looking at. It's gonna be 3 DC LVL 4 XLs. Either 15" or 18". I'm leaning more towards 15". What would be the loudest overall. I would like to take it to comps and compete. But I also want in to be just plain out nasty for daily purposes. Would you still say CRX

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

so I guess it would help to mention the subs I'm looking at. It's gonna be 3 DC LVL 4 XLs. Either 15" or 18". I'm leaning more towards 15". What would be the loudest overall. I would like to take it to comps and compete. But I also want in to be just plain out nasty for daily purposes. Would you still say CRX

3 18's > 3 15's

and if you go Subs up port back you will be a lot louder. probably mid 146 range with your power just speculation though only the TL will know.

If you want tomorrow I can post some pics of my crx set up so you can see the box style.

ya thanks man pictures would be good

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

3 18's > 3 15's

and if you go Subs up port back you will be a lot louder. probably mid 146 range with your power just speculation though only the TL will know.

I'm hoping it is louder then that. Imasan I am doing 143s now with the type Rs. So I'm hoping if I do the DCs swap right into the tlines and get right power to them to jump up to 145-146. And if I do the 18"s I'd really like to seeover 150. I mean my goal is to really be able to bass race the 149.9 category. And my whole thing is will 3 15"s in my van get it done or will I need 3 18"s.

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

I'm hoping it is louder then that. Imasan I am doing 143s now with the type Rs. So I'm hoping if I do the DCs swap right into the tlines and get right power to them to jump up to 145-146. And if I do the 18"s I'd really like to seeover 150. I mean my goal is to really be able to bass race the 149.9 category. And my whole thing is will 3 15"s in my van get it done or will I need 3 18"s.

What I meant is if you were to use the same subs same amps... Subs up , port back you would be around 146.

Now if you go 18's and more power :)

DO 3 18's if you can fit them.

MasterOfAllBass is doing like 156's @ 37hz.

3 18" BTL's

3 AQ 3500.1's

Can you please provide the link for iPhone users. Also Those numbers would be great to get but I am only gonna be able to have one 400a alt due to size in engine compartment. Also. I don't have a problem with size of boxes. Right now the designated area for my stereo is about 40 cubes. That includes vleverything from the C pillars to back hatch. That is all the space that I want to loose for my system. Look at previous pictures for reference. So size in cabin isn't problem But power is. I'm thinking running a amp like a stetsom 7k. That way I can get enough power from my alt for it and to the subs. My big thing is just finding the best box or design for the loudest with three subs and roughly 8-9k RMS max for the whole system. So that's why the box design is critical for me. I want something that can do like 150dB and possibly hairtricks

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Archived